Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

From First to Last Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Jul 31, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Full show announced with Sonny

beachdude likes this.
  2. red8ge

Regular

doors at 12am? yeah fuck that lol

beachdude and I Am Mick like this.
  3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

been on a big Heroine kick lately. Such an underrated album imo.

also, just so this isn't an entirely unnecessary thread bump...where is FFTL6? I miss Sonny's voice and while I wasn't sold on the songs they released, I still want that album.

4. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i hope every day for new fftl. i don't like anything from heroine but i loved the 2 new songs with sonny. according to the podcasts with matt i'm sure we'll get something new soon.

skogsraet likes this.
  5. ItsJoe

Joe

I love Heroine, I think it blends the heavy aspects of their sound with great pop sensibilities. That was the album that introduced me to them though, so there is that to it.

skogsraet likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The new songs with Sonny were awful.

I still go back to Heroine from time to time, solid album

7. ItsJoe

Joe

My only gripe with Heroine is that I wish the drums had more presence on the record.

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The lyrics to those songs were awful, but the music was stupefyingly catchy

9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I still think “Elvis said...” is the best song they ever made. I just listened for the first time in a long time. Still love it.

10. sukottokairu

Regular

those two new songs would have been great honestly if the lyrics were better. usually lyrics don't ruin a song for me but, i can't get over that "cockstrong" line in Make War.

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

All the lyrics about family on Heroine really hit different when you know Sonny grew up in the church of scientology... kid was only 18 and basically ran away with his band to go on warped tour (its own bag of crazy), it's a miracle he seems as sane as he does

12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

14 year old me was blown away by the growth from Dear Diary to Heroine. I loved that album, but it was almost a little too dark at times. Still think it’s their best.

13. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

dear diary is one is one of my favourite albums but emily, kiss me, i'm contagious and minuet ruin the album for me.

joe.boy.fresh. and skogsraet like this.
  14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

populace in two is a bop but some of the other songs on that album........no

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  15. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

pop you listen to is the best song on the album. that morrissey line is perfect.

skogsraet likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Emily is one of those so bad it’s good songs for me

MRose24 likes this.
  17. Heron182

Regular

I hated heroine then and I still do

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  18. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

same. i like the intro to waltz moore but that's it. i can't understand how people enjoy that record. the electronics in goodbye waves are so terrible i can't explain it.

19. sukottokairu

Regular

omg... how did i never notice that title was a play on words...

jesseisabigdeal and johnnyferris like this.
  20. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i love it.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Heroine is the band’s best material by a landslide y’all.

22. ItsJoe

Joe

Aside from 'World War Me'. I can't hack listening to that song at all.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I actually like that track but only because I can ignore some of the lyrics lol. Musically speaking - it’s pretty rad.

I think .... And We All Have A Hell is probably my favorite FFTL song of all time.

24. ItsJoe

Joe

I think 'The Crows Are Coming For Us' is my favourite. It's a shame I never got to see them when they were a full time touring band with Sonny in the line-up. I don't think they ever toured the UK in that period though.

25. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I get the gimmicky come back songs, as according to them Dear Diary was meant to a sarcastic and gimmicky record, but I’d really love if they went full force with something like Heroine again.

mattylikesfilms likes this.