Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

From First to Last Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

How dare you say lyrics like the following aren't good

I'll hide you in my walls
    your body will never be found
    I'll wear your skin as a suit
    Pretend to be you, your friends will like you more than they used to

lol

bradsonemanband and Jason Tate like this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

wow

bradsonemanband and Nate_Johnson like this.
  3. Noradrenaline

Regular

I've never really listened to this band, but Make War and this new one... I'm kinda torn. Even though the lyrics are horrible at least Make War is goddamn catchy. But I can't help cringe every time I focus on the lyrics.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Come on tho, that song was clearly satire, at least those songs went off. They had this strange darkness to them that fit well with their creepy lyrics. I don’t think anyone thought they were writing beautiful art or anything but their music on that album was interesting and emotional. This is just cheese in borh lyrics and music.

5. dead_fm

Regular

Dear Diary was good. Everything else was pure hot garbage, this trash track included.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I never listened to much outside that album. Heroine is real rough, Sonny’s voice was pretty much gone by then

Nate_Johnson and dead_fm like this.
  7. dead_fm

Regular

Yup. And i love matt, he's a good dude.....but have you heard that elliott smith cover he did of between the bars? ouch.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I liked it when I was a kid, but yeah, it ain't good. That's all I said.

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, this solidifies that their material without sonny was way better.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I always thought their material without Sonny was a bit bland, but I suspect I didn't give it enough attention.

Nate_Johnson and I Am Mick like this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Throne to the wolves is anything but bland.

12. Micah511 Jul 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 24, 2018)
    Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Heroine was crazy, I could still listen to that one. Real dark vibes on that one.

EDIT: wait I completely missed that the guy from Periphery sang on their last album and they rerecorded some old songs... This is not bad at all.

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Satire of what?

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the overdramatic emo of the time. they've even said thats how they view that album.. i mean come on.. my teenage angst has a body count? the funny thing is, a lot of people took them seriously bc it wasn't that far off from the stuff being written at that time.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The title is a a censored heathers reference fwiw

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Sonny was also like, 15 when they wrote that record, so I don't really see it as that much of a satire.

EDIT: I just looked it up, he was born in Jan of '88 and that record was recorded in Feb of '04, so he had just turned 16.

I Am Mick likes this.
  17. myawrld

Regular

Man, It's not great (and I hate the DRINK DRINK DRINK part) but I am still entertained. I'm a sucker for anything FFTL and am not expecting, nor ever did, earth-shattering music from them. I'll listen to something else if that's what I'm looking for. Sonny has made a fortune with Skrillex that FFTL isn't something he would ever need to return to. It's just fun to see people having fun.

beachdude42, Bryan Diem and Micah511 like this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

lol

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’ll always defend Heroine. It was experimental and heavy which I dug.

The rest is meh to lol- this being one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard produced by them.

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m right there with you. This and Make War are fun, that’s all I really expected or needed.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This song’s lyrics are still terrible... but I’m not sure any future song will ever again have lyrics *quite* as bad as:

“Who was that inside you
    That made me feel so cock strong?
    I wish the truth could do to you
    What your Snapchat put me through”

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. myawrld

Regular

Agreed - This makes me hate the song until seconds later when Sonny yells "God DAMN" in the chorus and then I love it again haha

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Is it just me or does Sonny sound massively different in this compared to Make War?

New song is okay but I prefer Make War, even if the lyrics in both are cringe.

24. Bane

The spiciest meme

Ok I like FFTL for the most part for like, just fun pure emo scene post hardcore bullshit. Dear Diary is PERFECT for that. They are kind of bland but overall still solid to kind of just put on and rock. Also there's some decent little riffs and such especially on Throne.

But the biggest point I want to make is the album with Spencer from Periphery is SUPER SOLID MAN I'm so sad everyone slept on that album and then they kind of kicked it to the side. The re-recordings of old songs? Spencer kicks ass on them. And the actual new songs on the album are pretty great imo. I might just be a huge Spencer fan though, I already liked Periphery and him going into the album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oof I just listened to Surrender....yea Make War wasn't like, great or anything but it was quite a bit better than Surrender at least. Like he clearly cannot sing still but he's trying his damn best with production to do so.