Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

From First to Last – “Surrender” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 24, 2018.

1. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I’m surprised to see a feature thread destroying a band in the OP and then every post thereafter. I personally respect anyone that makes art whether I like it or not. Oh well.

ibanez966, edquin and elemenohpe like this.
  2. Hot take : S/T and Throne To The Wolves were their best stuff. Nothing else from their discography held up.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  3. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I will pass. That's a no from me.

4. zachmacD

Trusted

This isn’t nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be, and I’ve never liked this band

5. AAstra

Listened after reading the comments and while I don’t think I’d revisit it, there is a catchiness to it, and it isn’t nearly as bad as the comments made it seem. In my opinion, it would be a bit better without the “blah blah blah” screams after each clean line.

6. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I think the lyrics are dumb as shit, but the song itself is alright. I'll let it grow on me.

7. OpenIntro

llama llama

I liked it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. OdeToTheSun

Ø

It isn’t THAT bad, just not as good as Make War.

9. “Make War” also sucked, and had the bonus of being the worst lyrics written this year.

10. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

[​IMG]

11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I felt like the song was incomplete after (what I thought was) the bridge.

Also, didn't they debut a song during a DJ set that was much better than that one?

12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I respect their freedom to make art, and I'll completely own up to liking a lot of their albums. But I'm also comfortable in saying that I really dislike this song, and there are a lot of objectively questionable aspects of it. I'm not going to go out of my way to rant on youtube, twitter or comment on their facebook posts about like so many people do towards bands, I'd agree criticising art like that and reveling in hating on stuff is a terrible use of time and really disrespectful. But I clicked the link genuinely hoping I'd like it, but alas, was really disappointed and feel no guilt in saying so in a post here about it.

SoCoWilderNeSs and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  13. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Imagine being in 2005 and all the scene kids having "Happy anniversary from the bottom of my credit card" as their AOL status.

parkerxcore likes this.