Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit Tribute Album Released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Saephon

Regular

The first minute of Biffy Clyro's track was really weird (What's that snarling sound effect 25 seconds in??), but then they won me over. So far I still think Julien Baker's cover is my favorite.

Turkeylegz and somethingliketj like this.
  3. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Julien Baker definitely steals the show, but I'm really feeling Josh Ritter and Wintersleep too. The first four on here were okay, it really hit its stride on Track 5. And then shortly after I was an emotional trainwreck.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

My wife surprisingly much prefers the Biffy version over the Julien Baker (she otherwise has much more mellow music tastes than me). Sadly I can't get her into any of the amazing female singer-songwriters going right now (including any of boygenius), she oddly tends to find them too depressing to listen to (I feel that way about her book and film tastes).

As for this album, I've been afraid to listen to this through, partly because I'm waiting for the vinyl to arrive, but mostly because I know it will wreck me. It already was a top 3 album for me, and the anniversary show is my last memory of Scott, resulting in the album taking on even more significance.

5. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Tears instantly started leaking down my face the first time I heard Manchester's cover of My Backwards Walk.

6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Really dig most of it, really heavy! I admit Julien's track might be the best one!