Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit - Tiny Changes: A Celebration Of The Midnight Organ Fight (July 12, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog Fish, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Dog Fish

Mutt

Before Scott died, an idea was formed to celebrate 10 years of their seminal album The Midnight Organ Fight by asking some of their talented buds in music to take a crack at their own versions of a song on the album. The whole album was recorded and was due to be released last summer, but then unfortunately Scott passed away last May. The band have decided they still want to release the record as a testament to the album, and to Scott.

Vinyl Track listing

SIDE A

Biffy Clyro – The Modern Leper

Oxford Collapse – I Feel Better

Fiskur – Good Arms vs Bad Arms

Right On Dynamite – Fast Blood

Josh Ritter – Old Old Fashioned

SIDE B

Wintersleep – The Twist

The Philistines Jr. – Bright Pink Bookmark

Craig Finn – Head Rolls Off

Harkin and Sarah Silverman – My Backwards Walk

SIDE C

Benjamin Gibbard – Keep Yourself Warm

Inletts– Extrasupervery

Daughter – Poke

The Twilight Sad – Floating In The Forth

Aaron Dessner & Lauren Mayberry - Who'd You Kill Now?

SIDE D

Julien Baker – The Modern Leper

Piano Bar Fight – The Twist

Manchester Orchestra – My Backwards Walk

2. Dog Fish

Mutt

Tracks released so far:

Biffy Clyro - Modern Leper

Julien Baker - Modern Leper

Manchester Orchestra - My Backwards Walk

Harkin & Sarah Silverman - My Backwards Walk

Mattww likes this.
  3. Dog Fish

Mutt

Tracks I'm most excited to hear next: heads roll off, fast blood, and floating in the forth.

However, i'm not the biggest Craig Finn fan, and we've already heard him sing a version at the tribute show. Not familiar with Right on Dynamite at all.

4. Dog Fish

Mutt

Benjamin Gibbard – Keep Yourself Warm

zmtr likes this.
  5. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Daughter's cover is the best I've heard so far. Don't know how I'm going to cope with Twilight Sad doing Floating in the Forth

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  6. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Its out there now. Please listen and please donate.

7. Dog Fish

Mutt

Some really cool covers on here, others I'm not crazy about on first listen. After listening to Biffy and Manchester's, and even Ben's - I realized how much I enjoy the slight modifications they've made. Fast Blood is one of my favorites of Scott's and it felt weird hearing a rendition that didn't really change anything. I didn't enjoy it.

And boy was I disappointed in Head Rolls Off. The repetition of the 'house in the clouds' line at the beginning of the song doesn't do it for me. I love how the original abruptly starts with the "jesus" line. It seems like an important part of the song.

8. BackwardsWalker

Regular

Has anyone received their vinyl yet or know when it ships?

9. JamesSparrow

This one was a big one for me. There's definitely a lot of good ones in there and some that have an interesting take on the songs. Would love to have had Twilight Sad's rendition of "Keep Yourself Warm" on there as well.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

12. drewinseries

Drew

Bought so fast. Now im running through the discography at work getting all emotional.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  13. drewinseries

Drew

I miss Scott every damn day.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  14. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Same. I bought 3 so I could give 2 to some close friends at Christmas time and then immediately put on Pedestrian Verse.

15. drewinseries

Drew

Floating In The Forth hits so hard.

16. Dog Fish

Mutt

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  17. LightEmUp34

Has anyone got a shipping notification for that lyric book yet? Ordered in November and last date I saw on the product page said shipping 1.28.22, although that seems to have been removed now.

you vandal likes this.
  18. Dog Fish

Mutt

Thank you for contacting us!

Your pre-order has a scheduled release date of 01/28/2022. (date subject to change)

We usually begin shipping pre-orders about one week prior to the release date however due to unexpected delays, the processing and shipping of our orders are taking longer than usual. We will send you a confirmation email, once your order has shipped.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please let me know.

19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I’ve heard of others experiencing issues as well and shipping delays being communicated (or in some cases, not communicated). I just as lucky enough to get the ones I ordered mid December. Hopeful that they show up soon for y’all.

20. you vandal

Regular

Thank you.

LightEmUp34 and estebanwaseaten like this.