Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit - Painting of a Panic Attack (2016) Album • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Dog Fish

Mutt

holy shit that biffy one is sooo good

2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

As a huge fan of The Twist I can’t wait to hear what good ol Canadian boys Wintersleep do with it

3. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Covers are rad and I'm looking forward to the entire thing but I can't help but feel like Scott made these songs what they are. It's hard to explain but in my opinion, no one's cover has even come close to the originals. They're good in their own way don't get me wrong...I can't really articulate it.

4. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

It's probably the intent behind the words - it's one thing to write and sing your own lyrics, and another to sing someone else's. Not to say you can't create an emotional cover, Julien's cover made me VERY VERY EMOTIONAL, but the passion and knowledge and intent that Scott put into their songs isn't something that you can necessarily recreate.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  5. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Totally agree. I even got teary-eyed during Julien's cover. So many mixed emotions when listening to FR for me now.

MFA likes this.
  6. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Julien's cover is wonderful. Have listened like 6 times so far today.

7. Dog Fish

Mutt

Was anyone able to hear Manchester’s cover that premiered in sirus Saturday?

8. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

After a long break I recently started listening to FR again. Scott left behind a remarkable body of work and it feels good to enjoy their music again.

9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

First minute or two of this video captures his charm pretty perfectly

10. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

11. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

12. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I don't love either of those if I'm being honest

Never been that bored by Andy Hull before

13. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

cannot wait for Craig Finn 'Head Rolls Off' it's just right in his wheelhouse

14. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

this video always bums me out because i love it and my wife sent it to me around the time we first started dating years ago to tell me i looked like him :(

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

mastersystem is such a tough and haunting listen, my god

16. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

It's incredible though, it's really grown with time. Must Try Harder and Old Team are up there with his best stuff.

phaynes12 likes this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the closer rules too

Serenity Now likes this.
  18. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Revisiting Mastersystem now. Had to put it away after May 2018. Such a bummer because I was thrilled by every aspect of it when it initially came out.

19. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Paddy and waking season like this.
  20. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

21. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Was worried about it before but that Daughter cover is brilliant.

22. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I still have a really hard time listening to their music. I put the album on the other day and I didn't even make it all the way through "Death Dream".

23. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

"We’ll always miss him" – Frightened Rabbit, their closest friends and collaborators celebrate the beauty of Scott Hutchison - NME

Some intersting info in here including this about the 1975:

When talking to James, he added that “Scott’s music will continue to live on and reach new people, all the time, but we’ve got to find new ways to make sure that happens”. Frightened Rabbit themselves say they definitely won’t play any more shows again, but are open to celebrating their music in whatever ways feel right. Curiously, they tease that something may even be in the works with The 1975.

“They’ve come to a few shows,” says Grant. “We are having conversations with them. We’ve been in touch. Their bassist [Adam Hann] is a big fan and they reached out after Scott died. Matty Healy is also a big Twilight Sad fan”

Also Grant talks about new music eventually:

Grant: “There are some unheard songs and demoes that we’ll probably work on when we’re in the right place. They were new songs that we were working on. We’d been working since the end of the ‘Panic Attack’ campaign. I think it would be good for us too. You know, completion. They’re there, and personally I’m very aware that they’re there. I haven’t managed to go back through them yet. I tried a couple of times but I can’t do it.

“I feel it’s important that we do it, and that we have the control over it. The songs will be there forever anyway on a hard drive. I know for a fact that Scott wouldn’t want them released in their current state, because they’re not ready, but it’s personally something that I feel I want to do, and I want to do it with these guys. Everyone feels the same. I don’t know what format that will take, but that’s for when we’ve figured things out.”

Paddy, JBoch, johnnyutes and 2 others like this.
  24. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Tiny Changes is out now!

I'm working from home this morning so I'm about to put on headphones and listen to it. I'll post some thoughts later - hope this release turns more people on to the greatness of Frabbits.

Importer/Exporter likes this.