Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit - Painting of a Panic Attack (2016) Album • Page 27

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I'd say The Modern Leper.

2. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Do Keep Yourself Warm, immerse yourself in our great scottish culture

SpyKi likes this.
  3. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Late March, Death March

4. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

All-Star Tribute Concert to Frightened Rabbit's Scott Hutchison Announced

An all-star tribute concert to late Frightened Rabbit bandleader Scott Hutchison has been announced. Set to take place at Brooklyn’s Rough Trade on December 5, “Tiny Changes: A Celebration Of the Songs of Scott Hutchison” will feature appearances by Death Cab For Cutie’s Ben Gibbard, the National’s Aaron Dessner, Julien Baker, The Hold Steady’s Craig Finn, and Kevin Devine.

The concert is a benefit for a new charity set up by Hutchison’s family, the Scott Hutchison Fund. Hutchison’s brother Grant explained in a statement: “The Scott Hutchison Fund has been set up in memory of our beloved Scott. It will form the basis for a Mental Health Charity to be set up fully in the coming months. We hope to be able to help others the way Scott did with kindness, empathy and hope.”

5. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Tried to get tickets right at noon and it instantly sold out. Hoping they move it to a bigger venue or do a 2nd night.

6. Joe4th and Importer/Exporter like this.
  7. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

The Mastersystem album is almost too dark for me to listen to anymore. It’s like that and Get Lonely, those are the two most forbidding albums i own i think.

8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Totally agree. I revisited it over the weekend and had to stop after getting through Peaks & Troughs & Graves

9. smes3817

For those of you who collect vinyl and don't have Winter of Mixed Drinks, FatCat just repressed this. It's kind of going under the radar but I wanted to let all the fans know.

Fatcat Records

T.K., LWS, Paddy and 1 other person like this.
  10. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I’ve been staying in Fife this week and of course been exclusively listening to Frightened Rabbit.

Fucking hell this music really was made for this place. I think Winter of Mixed Drinks is firmly cemented as my favourite now.

okayibelieveyou, SpyKi and LWS like this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Lump Street is so fucking good

12. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Plan for heaven
    Oh
    Hell will do

vidiviciveni likes this.
  13. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

The bridge part towards the end might be my favorite thing on Painting of a Panic Attack

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

it might be my favorite thing period

15. drewinseries

Drew

The Twilight Sad ended their set with a cover of Keep Yourself Warm in Boston. It was amazing. They just got louder and louder with the ending. It was a beautiful way to end the night.

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Didn’t realize I shared a birthday with Scott, listening to The Midnight Organ Fight tonight.

18. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I sat down and tabbed out Fields of Wheat last night if anyone is interested to know how to play it. What a beautiful heartbreaking song, probably one of his most unappreciated.

“This bit is about me
    Because I’m culpable, you see
    In a bubble, crying into food I bought so I could fill my face,
    Not because of need

What a fucking waste of wheat”

SpyKi likes this.
  19. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I wasn't there unfortunately but I know Julien Baker also did a kick ass version of "Holy" and Kevin Devine & Julien also did "Wish I Was Sober"

T.K., Ben Lee and Joe4th like this.
  20. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

It’s about Theresa May FYI

21. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Goddamn Craig’s version of Head Rolls Off is just beautiful. Also Death Dream crushes me.

22. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

"Get together now, find hope
    There is a life beyond the one you already know
    Get together now, build a home
    There is life beyond the one you already know"

23. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I’ve said it before but Still Want To Be Here has got to be THE most underrated Frightened Rabbit song.

Brother Beck and Joe4th like this.
  24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i was going through some notes on my phone and i found a setlist i wrote down from the MOF album show from last year. prompted me to go back through their catalog. celebrating Scott's memory today!

johnnyutes and Joe4th like this.
  25. Brother Beck Feb 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2019)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I agree it is an absolutely amazing and underrated song, but god does it crush me hearing him sing the words "I still want to be here."

I still find it difficult to listen to their music after all this time. I don't know if it's because he addresses everything so directly in his singing or what.