Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit - Painting of a Panic Attack (2016) Album • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Def. reminded me of "Rained On" this lyrics sort of ties the two together as well, "I'll carry on through the rainstorm without you now"

2. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

God I’m going to fucking miss hearing new Frightened Rabbit

LWS, Carrow and arewehavingfunyet like this.
  3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Same here.

4. So Tim Burgess from the Charlatans rehearsed with Grant and Billy in secret before their set at Belladrum on Friday night, and this happened. First time on stage for either since Scott's passing. Head Rolls Off.

arewehavingfunyet, LWS and JBoch like this.
  5. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Good lord who told that man he should be a vocalist? Props for the effort but no

6. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

7. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I don't know, I think we'll eventually get a proper release of "Break in the Clouds" and I'm hoping maybe some demos from the record that they were working on will see the light of day.

Carrow likes this.
  8. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

The Mastersystem album is such an incredibly harrowing thing to listen to anymore. Put it on while driving today, it’s just heartbreaking.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Yea I haven’t played that since May. Its great, but way too hard to listen to given the lyrics.

10. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  11. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

12. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Death Cab Cover is good but honestly with all these tributes it's just affirmed how unique and amazing Scott was. No one else does his songs justice in my opinion. Damn.

vidiviciveni, Joe4th and Carrow like this.
  13. owlwolfpossum

The desperate and emotional highs and lows in Scott's vocals for that song can't be matched- and I like Death Cab for Cutie, and I think it's an adequate cover, but Ben Gibbard's voice is not a good substitute (not that anyone's is, but his voice is just not emotional at all in the way the song Demands).

Because of the cover I went back and listened to the original song for the first time in a while and it was a lot.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I always find covers of FR weird because of the lack of the Scottish accent.

I think if I covered one id need to do the accent.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  15. Importer/Exporter

The best cover I’ve seen so far is Craig Finn doing Head Rolls Off. Just fits his voice really well, he can bring out the sadness of it all.

I wish there were some covers of their non-MNOF material.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  16. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Was there ever a full video of that cover?

17. owlwolfpossum

Oh man, I had no idea he did a cover, where is it? I love Craig Finn.

18. Importer/Exporter

19. okayibelieveyou Sep 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 6, 2018)
    okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Looks like they're playing this Homelessness awareness event called Sleep In The Park with guest vocalists.

One of them looks to be James Graham from The Twilight Sad which will be so emotional.

EDIT:

Grant Hutchison said: “We had agreed to play Sleep In The Park before Scott passed and we felt that since it was something for such a great cause that we should stick to our decision and honour Scott in the best way we know - to play the songs he wrote and continue spreading his message of kindness whilst supporting Social Bite and the amazing work they do. “It’s an honour to play for such a special event again and we felt it would be the perfect time for us to play together again and share this special night with some of our favourite artists.”

Read more at: Frightened Rabbit to perform at Glasgow 'Sleep in the Park' event

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  20. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Hoping to perform a FR song for a local concert called Rock Is Dead, 3rd year in a row we’ve done the show (covers of recently deceased artists) and all the proceeds go to mental health initiatives. It feels fitting this year to do a tribute to Scott, any suggestions as to which track would work best for a “rock crowd”? I’m thinking Head Rolls Off

21. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The Woodpile would be cool and it’s wicked fun to play

22. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

The Greys
    Fast Blood (or Head Rolls Off is a good shout)
    Skip The Youth
    Holy
    Lump Street

Pick your album!

23. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I’m kinda leaning towards The Modern Leper. I’ve done Scott Weiland and George Michael the past two shows so I feel like it may just be me and my acoustic and that’s a great one to belt