Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit - Painting of a Panic Attack (2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. MrNvmbr

Lump Street was the only song to do anything for me until hearing Woke Up Hurting today.

2. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

I've only heard Death Dream, but I love that song I've listened to it about 50 times, really excited to listen to the rest and hear the album

3. eepots

Newbie Supporter

@Jason Tate have you heard this album yet? Your feelings about Pedestrian Verse got me into this band originally.

4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Huge fan of Pedestrian Verse. General fan of all material previous.

Am I the only one that is having trouble getting into any of the new songs for this upcoming release? I feel like something is wrong with me at this point but none of them capture my attention.

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I'm with you, kinda. I love Death Dream. Get Out doesn't do anything for me, Lump Street is OK. I haven't listed to Die Like a Rich Boy (cause I hate listening to an album closer without hearing the rest of the album first). I listened to the first minute or so of Woke Up Hurting and liked it quite a bit though. Hoping Get Out and Lump Street are two of the weaker songs on here.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Love "Death Dream", like "Get Out" a lot. "Lump Street" seemed decent for the first half and great for the second, haven't listened to anything else. Even those songs I've only listened to once or twice so they'll probably grow on me.

7. Not yet, hope to soon. Still love that album.

8. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

9. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

Solid 7 out of 10 record. Woke Up Hurting, An Otherwise Disappointing Life and Blood Under The Bridge the best songs on here.

10. SpyKi

Kind of disappointed in this on first listen unfortunately. Nothing really stood out or impressed me much. Aside from the songs I'd already heard the only one I was that into was "I Wish I Was Sober". Hopefully after spending more time with it I'll appreciate it more.

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This feels like it's gonna grow on me, but I didn't love it on first listen. Definitely some good songs and "Lump Street" works much better in the context of the album, but a couple of shrug-worthy tracks in the middle weighing it down.

12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Really love this. Big National vibes for sure.

13. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I really like this - it didn't "hit" me but I very much expected that. Pedestrian Verse literally took me about a year to properly get into lol

It's a very sombre record - not really one that should've been released while the days are getting longer and the sun's coming out, in my opinion. It'll come into it's own come October - November, very much a winter record

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hoping this is the first FR album I like

15. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Really digging it so far. Definitely listened to this for most of my day.

16. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Only gone through once so far but I have to say I think I enjoyed the bonus tracks more than most of the actual record.

They definitely put out the best 5 tracks beforehand. Break is good though.

This started happening on PV a bit I think, but the structure of some of their songs has gone incredibly dull, especially the verses, which often just become almost a reading off of sentences. I mean, going back and listening to something like Fast Blood it becomes quite obvious.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Just starting the album now, release came around really quick - feel like it was only just announced.

18. George

Trusted Prestigious

First run through, and it sounded great. Didn't seem much of a deviation from Pedestrian Verse, but that's one of my favourite albums of all time, so that's hardly the worst thing in the world. Sounds like a lot of lovely instrumental bits that I enjoyed, plus some classic shitbaggery miserabilism Scott lyrics. Will obviously be listening to this a lot more to see what sticks, but a good solid first impression from me.

callumnmacleod likes this.
  19. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I love the way you have put that - so spot on!

20. SpyKi

I'd agree with pretty much all of this.

21. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Agree. I wonder how many bands are self-aware enough to consider the season that best suits their music before deciding when to release it?

In the case of FR and this release, I wonder if they decided to release in April and hope people take a few months to process and then host a sold out tour in Fall 2016 when people really come into the music?

22. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I was a little nervous for this. I wasn't in love with any of the tracks they released. But after my 1st listen, I think this will be an album that grows on me and is stronger as a unit as opposed to individual songs.

23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Had no idea this was out today, will have to get it some proper attention after Gore.

24. Lockeskidney

yea considering the production it does feel very national eque

they posted a making of the album and mention its lack of sunshine but i feel like all FR albums have that feel

25. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

This is hitting the spot so hard