Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit Cancel Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Frightened Rabbit have canceled a few of their upcoming shows so that the band can focus on lead singer, Scott Hutchinson, recovering from what he’s described as a combination of “alcohol, depression and social media.”

I'll keep this short & to the point there's no real need to go into great detail. I had a bit of a meltdown on Saturday for various reasons

— Scott Hutchison (@owljohn) August 10, 2016

Some of you may have witnessed it, some of you may not have and some of you may not really care, but I said some regretful things on Twitter

I'd like to attempt to set it straight. Sometimes when life goes awry the reaction is to destroy & say "fuck it all"

Unfortunately that's what I did. In spite of this, it's not the end of FR and in the sober light of day, I didn't believe the things I said.

In case you were in any doubt, it's a terrible idea.

For now, the priority is recovery, so regretfully we have decided to cancel our appearances at Haldern and Rock Am See.

Sometimes there are more important things than playing shows and we wouldn't be pulling out if we didn't think it was necessary.

That's about the size of it. If it all seems like horrendous attention-seeking behaviour, well... you might just be right.

But I sought entirely the wrong attention. If you're suffering, turn to your friends and family. Call someone, anyone.

And stay the fuck away from the internet.

Bye for now. S.

2. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Not sure what he said, but I'm glad he owned up to it- it's so rare to see unforced humility these days. Glad he's getting help and I hope he feels better soon. Their last record was great.

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

every single fucking bit of this resonates with me and so many others. Handled so honestly and so well. Depression sucks the most. Hope he doesn't have too much issue finding his way through the rest of this round. His band rocks and helps people through similar things.

4. The Format

Regular

what was said originally?