Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

Super late reply but her box of human hair and those 'people crawling out of paintings' say hello!

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idk i still think those earlier things are way weirder lol.

3. iam1bearcat

Joey's scenes in season 10 when he's on the gameshow Pyramid are probably my favorite of his.

"It's white and you put it on a sandwich."
    Joey: "paper, snow, a ghost!"

the best part being that's the second time he says that exact line in ten seconds.

:crylaugh:

4. fronkensteen

Trusted

I say "paper, snow, a ghost!" often and nobody gets it.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Nyquist like this.
  5. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

"Paper, snow, a ghost!" is one of my favorite line deliveries in this entire show. I also like to sing "Morning's here!" pretty frequently.

"I love that guy!"

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. iam1bearcat

Finished the series tonight. I'd seen the finale previously, but watching all the episodes before it made it more impactful of course. I remember hearing that Joey was getting his own spinoff in LA (that bombed) but I could have sworn that was talked about during the season but... nothing. In typical fashion he is underutilized and doesn't even have a definitive role in season 10. Like, the biggest moment / story of his I can think of is getting mad at his date for eating off his plate and then he eats her desert. And his agent dies which doesn't really impact or change anything for him. I thought for sure they would have had scenes relating to him auditioning / getting a role for a show in LA. Hell, I could swear I remember such scenes.

Makes me wonder if stuff was cut out. There are other odds and ends moments that I don't recall seeing, but most of the time I had this on as background noise/laughs so I may have missed it but after Lindelof caught Netflix not airing the entire LOST finale it makes me suspicious if other shows have bits and pieces missing.

Also humorous that all had a key to the apartment that was never locked.

7. I text it to people all the time. Haha.

fronkensteen likes this.
  8. Kiana

I fall asleep to Friends every night but this ep came on and I could not sleep it's still too funny

9. I also fall asleep to friends!

Slangster likes this.
  10. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

And Joey's response " that's so weird, like why would there be a ghost in my fridge"

11. monica's fake surprise reaction is my favorite

12. Kiana

I still watch the odd couple cause I don't love myself and wow, Matthew Perry has zero comedic timing in it. I feel like it could be blamed on the writing but Yvette Nicole brown is still good in it

jordalsh likes this.
  13. I am happy to hear that Yvette is good because I love her so much

14. Kiana

She's def the best one on it! She is a natural. It's just so weird seeing matthew not sell the punchlines. Even the more amusing lines he doesn't deliver. His voice is different but he also talks faster so maybe I'm just not used to it

cybele and jordalsh like this.
  15. I've noticed that his voice seemed to change quite a bit.

Did you watch go on?

16. Kiana

I did watch Go On

He is also a sports radio show host on the Odd Couple so it makes me miss Go On.

17. Kiana

Also I realized that with all of the main men it's hard not to associate them with their Friends character, but I don't do that with any of the Friends ladies.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I always thought the finale to All In The Family both felt a little rushed, like they found out they were cancelled a week before writing it or something, and also somehow a perfect end to the show. Not sure how that works haha.

Even though it wasn't that good, I did get a good chuckle out of the Everybody Loves Raymond finale because they kind of teased the whole 'omg big medical emergency to end the show!' type deal but it lasted like 8 seconds. Always felt like they were winking and nodding at finales often having big dramatic moments.

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Same. Even though he was good in Band of Brothers, I still see Ross when I watch it. I also said "hey look Ross is in the mob" when I see those AMC commercials for his new show haha.

I feel bad doing that too because I know actors/actresses don't like it and it can ruin their careers.

Kiana likes this.
  20. Kiana

Ha I do the same with ross. I guess it doesn't help that I don't see the men in as much. I know Matt has Episodes but he was still Joey to me. And Matthew often plays similarish characters

Whereas growing up courteney was in Scream so I don't see her as just Monica. I saw lisa in romy and michele before I saw her in friends + she really gets into her characters on Web therapy and the comeback so I never associate her as just phoebe. Then Jennifer was in a ton of other stuff. I guess the men just aren't on my radar as much in terms of their filmography so it's harder to separate

David87 likes this.
  21. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i love watching this show on cable, perfect

"so were you in nam"

22. Kiana

Ok it's because Matthew Perry yells all his lines. I figured out what's so off!

23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This episode just started on Nick at night and I am ABOUT it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. Kiana

When stalker Brooke shields is coming up to their apt and chandler says "wait" and has to open the lid to the dish soap real fast I die every time

25. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Ross(David Schwimmer) on James Corden's "Mic Drop"