Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

The episode with Brad Pitt is one of my favorites

Rachel: [referring to Mrs. Altman, the fifty year old librarian Ross made out with in high school] There's a picture of her in the yearbook.
    Phoebe: [everyone looks] Wow.
    Ross: Hey, she didn't photograph well!
    Chandler: Yeah, well, she was probably unfamiliar with the process having spent most of her life sitting for oil paintings.

2. younglikeme

ii // YLM

"Those are our two enemies Ross: Rachel & complex carbohydrates" :crylaugh:

Definitely in my top 10 episodes as well... which come to think of it would be incredibly difficult to narrow down.

3. fronkensteen

Trusted

On my first watch I was expecting the Brad Pitt episode to be stupid, but y'all are right, it's one of the better episodes. When he's mouthing "I hate you" and Rachel takes it as a hot, smoldering look, hahaha

4. Every time I see soup on the menu at a restaurant, I look to my wife and say "mmm...soup."

5. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

My wife has started to grow tired of this show because I own the Blu-Ray and will watch that, watch re-runs if I flip to it on TV and watch it on Netflix. I've probably watched the entire series 10 or 11 times at this point. I think the Thanksgiving episode with the Geller Cup is my favorite.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

never really thought about it before but I feel like the reception to the Brad Pitt episode would be way different today with the main joke being about intersex people

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

ia. I also get creeped out that Ross is a teen and had an affair with an old librarian. She also messed around with the exchange student so yeah... woo creepy predator.

8. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Yeah there are definitely a lot of cringey moments in the show despite how much I enjoy watching it. Just about anything involving Chandler's dad for example (I'm always moved by the moment Chandler is able to get over himself and invite his father to his wedding, but I wish they didn't immediately undermine it right after).

9. Nyquist

My wife always mentions how weirded out she is by Monica's excited, deeply vested interest in Ross's kissing abilities when Rachel tells her and Phoebe about it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Sometimes I forget Ross and Monica are siblings and then when I remember while watching I'm like "wait what, this is weird".

Kiana likes this.
  11. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

The ending of this show was so perfect. Watched Love this weekend and now I'm starting How I Met Your Mother (already know how @Jason Tate feels about it ;-p)

12. You'll have four seasons of "holy shit this is so good" and then pain like you've never felt before.

jordalsh and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Hahaha - I don't know the ending but I've only heard bad things about it.

14. It's not just the ending that gets bad, the characters, the writing, Jason just stops caring, NPH becomes a parody of himself. Haha, you get like four seasons of greatness though. Then just fucking run.

15. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Yeesh. Well here goes!

Dirty Sanchez and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

The final 2 seasons are just oh so worthless.

I would recommend Dexter season 5-8 over HIMYM seasons 6-9. That's how bad it gets.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Whoa. Just watched Dexter at the end of last year. I'm also currently on season 2 of The Sopranos. I try to watch a drama and a comedy/sitcom at the same time.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Nyquist

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I didn't even really like the ending to this show. Ross and Rachel was forced and boring, Phoebe and Mike were an afterthought, and Joey was completely forgotten. HIMYM was real rough after the third season. Parks and Recreation is the only perfect series finale from a sitcom imo. Scrubs is close.

20. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

PIVOT!

Preserved Moose likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

One of my favorite scenes of the show, if not any show.

22. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

The outtakes from that scene are also fantastic

23. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I wish I really liked Parks but it's just okay to me. I watched through the end of season 5 last year.

24. [​IMG]

cybele likes this.
  25. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

I think my favorite Phoebe line of the show is when she's explaining how much she likes working for an actual company as a massage therapist in season 9 and pronounces 401(k) as, "4-oh-wonk".

thechrisformat likes this.