Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

can't a guy send a barbershop quartet to his girlfriends office ANYMOOOOORE

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m at the break now and I’m not ready to do this to myself again.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

David87 likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's just very out of character that Ross who probably was only intimate with Carol and Rachel and maybe a few other people would have a one night stand

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ummmm are you in my house?? Because I was just having this exact conversation about 15 minutes ago.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. Twenty year olds are dummmmbbb af. Heh. I just chalk it all up to that.

Greg, iCarly Rae Jepsen and David87 like this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

True. Though I was never a one night stand person until I was very depressed and drunk after me and what I thought was the love of my life broke up when she cheated on me haha. So when that night happened, the girl I hooked up with was only the 2nd person I had ever been with “like that”. Though I definitely didn’t do it that same night, it happened almost two months later. That kind of loss+alcohol can make you do some out of character stuff.

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also true.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

he was like 30 haha, I think he was Monica say she's 23 in the first season which would make Ross like 25

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

27 year olds are dumb too! Lol

Though I don’t really know if they ever address how much time has passed from season to season. I also remember the Monica being 23 thing, but I don’t remember what season she turns 30. 8 or 9? I feel like her and Chandler are married when that party happens but could def be wrong

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Lots of Thanksgivings happen for sure.

And yeah, he’s definitely around 30 in that season.

13. Based on some half asses internet research:
    1. Rachel was 24 in the pilot and 34 in the finale.
    2. Monica's age was supposed to be 24 at first, in the pilot and 34 in the finale. But later it was 25 and even later before the season 1 finale, she was 26. This was clearly a major character error, since Ross's stated age in the pilot episode, was 26. But her age should have been 25-26 in first season so than it would end with her being 35 years old in the finale.
    3. Phoebe was 27 in the pilot, and 37 in the finale.
    4. Joey was 25 in the pilot and 36 in the finale.
    5. Chandler was 26 in the pilot and 36 in the finale.
    6. Ross was also 26, turned 27 a month later, in the pilot and 37 in the finale.
    I am now the age of the characters at the end of the show and I've never felt more old. :verysad:

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s a very strange feeling to actually be going through the milestones they hit after watching the show for so much of my life.

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

See that doesn’t feel right to me because didn’t Rachel’s 30th birthday happen in like season 7? That means the last 3 seasons span 4 years?

I guess that’s not TOO crazy.

16. They fuck Rachel's up multiple times.

A good break down:

https://www.quora.com/How-old-were-the-characters-during-the-first-season-of-Friends
    A 30th birthday in 2001 (season seven's "The One Where They All Turn Thirty") implies that Rachel was born in 1971. Her 30th birthday is celebrated as the last, while the 30th birthdays of the others are shown in the flashbacks. This makes her the youngest of all six. However, a 29th birthday in 1999 (season five's "The One Where Rachel Smokes") implies that she was born in 1970. In other episodes, Rachel's stated age is inconsistent with birth in either 1971, and advances at varying speeds. Chandler refers to her as 28 in season three's "The One Where Rachel Quits" (December 12, 1996), but 15 months later Rachel describes herself as "a 28-year old cheerleader with a fat lip" in season four's "The One With The Fake Party" (March 19, 1998). While these differences appear as inconsistencies, it may be in keeping with Rachel's character to shield her actual age.

So technically, this is how Rachel's age should have gone during the series; 1 (24-25), 2 (25-26), 3 (26-27), 4 (27-28), 5 (28-29), 6 (29-30), 7 (30-31), 8 (31-32), 9 (32-33), 10 (33-34).

David87 likes this.
  17. Kiana

It's kinda wild how young they were and they all had these apartments in the city. Now a show with early-mid 20's would be ppl drowning in student loans and living with their parents or like 13 other ppl to make rent as they work as an Uber driver with no insurance.

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

There are so many continuity errors in this show. Notice new ones every time through.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Rachel already knowing Chandler is one of my favorite/easiest to notice retcons.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

The Worst Best Man Ever is on right now and I just noticed that when they surprise the stripper at Chandler's work to confront her about the ring, Ross flips out asking about the ring and, very visibly on camera, Joey ducks down behind ross covering his face, very obviously cracking up. Like, it's not even slightly off camera, Joey is entirely visible doing this lol

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is that one of those things that only shows up because of the show being in widescreen or was it always there? I just watched that one too, might need to go back and look for it. I’m pretty sure Rachel was breaking when Ross first played his music, but who can blame her.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ooo that's a good point, that is entirely possible. It would make sense considering Joey's not even a little bit hidden haha.

One thing I love doing when I know a blooper or a break happens is watching the actors in the lines immediately following, and you can almost always tell they're still trying to hold it together haha

23. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I notice this all the time with Phyllis on The Office. She is constantly on the verge of breaking in the background. Love watching for that.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Kiana

Joey laughing didn't show in the original ep. Just widescreen stuff. Best friends blooper will always be the bagpipes

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I like the one with Rock Paper Scissors and the fire.

Jason Tate likes this.