Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

The episode where Rachel gives Joey a bag to bring to his audition was on the other night. Everything revolving around that storyline is one big homophobia/toxic masculinity think piece. I used to laugh at a lot of those jokes in junior high and high school. Now they just make me a little sad. At one point Joey’s listing off the advantages of the bag and the punchline is Chandler’s “A date with a man.”

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Rachel should have gone to Paris

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  3. How dare you

Drew Beringer likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

[​IMG]

David87 likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I still love the ending, while acknowledging that Ross sucks.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My beloved sitcoms?? Problematic??

giphy-24.gif

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

What parallel universe did this come from?!?!

[​IMG]

8. just had to share it because I've played it 20 times in a row now

9. GOAT.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Well I didn’t see that coming. Also now I know what that song sounds like, lol.

David87 likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

people are the worst

12. Kiana

Julie was lovely and too good for Ross

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Lauren Tom is also an incredible sweetheart in real life. I’ll fight all those terrible “fans”.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Speed running this. Almost done season 3. Funny stuff, good to have on in the background

333 GANG and chewbacca110 like this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've seen most of the series out of order but this is my first time watching all in a row. It never occurred to me how long it took Monica and Chandler to get together, I always thought they were an on and off thing like Ross and Rachel. Interesting.

I think Russ has been my favorite moment so far. Ross is the funniest character. I like Chandler but he can be too corny sometimes.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Everyone in my group of friends who watch this is a Chandler. Some with a little Phoebe or Monica thrown in. But I always identify with Chandler.

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Ross sucks ass.

18. [​IMG]

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

No one has mentioned this is leaving Netflix next year? I seriously don’t see a reason to pay for a subscription anymore.

20. Kiana

It was odd watching Friends in order for the first time. I think the only episode I saw live was the finale. Otherwise I just watched the syndicated reruns out of order. I never realized how fast after Rachel that Ross moved on to Emily until I watched in order

21. [​IMG]

David87 and Kiana like this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I only saw a handful of episodes over the years until I worked at a summer camp where all of my best friends quoted it all the time and I was hopeless and awkward and desperate for love so I binged the entire thing to get their jokes. Now it’s super comforting just because of that association.

23. Kiana

When I was a youngin, I had this friend who was like five years older and I thought she was the coolest and she watched Friends and I lied and pretended like I watched it too. She asked which eps were my fave and I lied and just recited moments I remembered from the theme/intro. Eventually Friends was the only show my entire family ever agreed on so it was a background noise staple.

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

“I love that part where they’re in the fountain.”

supernovagirl and Matt like this.
  25. I shouldn’t even say how many I saw live or bought on dvd at Costco once they finally came out for release so I don’t seem old.

Instead I’ll just admit to owning this:

image.jpg

:crylaugh: I’m old.

RyanPm40 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.