Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. They gave his agent way too many scenes.

It wasn’t as bad as the last season of Scrubs, but it was a tough watch. The early episodes rely on “he’s dumb” too much — I liked the neighbor. If it was given another season I think it woulda found its groove better.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Never found Joey's agent funny at all. She was like a bad improv character.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. I couldn't not see Stiffler's Mom.

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Was Adriana from The Sopranos in that?

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

I wish they'd put Joey on Netflix or something. A few years back, my roommate and I (big Friends fans) started watching the first season, maybe 10 episodes or so, and it actually was pretty decent. But it was hard finding the episodes online so we stopped. I remember watching most, if not all, of the first season when it aired but never watched season 2.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Tbh I think Joey is one of those shows with such a horrid reputation that in your head you think it must be the worst ever but then you watch it and it's like ok it's not THAT bad. I feel like the appeal of Joey the character to me was how much he cared for the Friends and could be protective so removing him out of that was just kinda meh for me. And I hate spin offs and sequels that rely on the funny jokes of the original and beat them into the ground. But I think it could've found a footing eventually.

Jason Tate and heymattrick like this.
  8. I wonder if a different spinoff would have been better. What if we had a Chandler + Monica spinoff? Maybe having 2 characters instead of 1 would have helped

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Joey would have been picked up by netflix or hulu if it were made today and cancelled by the major network.

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

An alternate reality show where Rachel and Gunther are married and raise a family in the suburbs.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

a prequel but all about mr Heckles

Jason Tate and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  12. Jake Gyllenhaal

In the vein of the Big Bang spinoff... Young Heckles

Sean Murphy likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I mean Fraiser is the only good spinoff right

I don't remember minding Joey either way

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Friends is kinda a spinoff since Ursula was originally on Mad About You

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Noooo there are so many amazing spinoffs. My favorite is probably Boston Legal, but you’ve got The Jeffersons, Facts of Life, Better Call Saul, Xena, I don’t know, there are too many good choices!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Forgot that all of those are spinoffs my b

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Not really a spinoff since it was just a coincidence of casting, but the fact that they felt like they had to write her in because audiences would be too stupid to understand that an actress was in two shows at the same time is forever incredible.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wait what

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep. They came on the same night and people thought seeing Lisa Kudrow twice in a row would confuse people, so they made it that they were twins. That’s also why Helen Hunt shows up and talks about how terrible Ursula is.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

today i learned!

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. Hmm..

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my facebook feed is about to get CLUTTERED with people exclaiming that there is now a reunion

smh

24. Photo credit to someone at Warner bros who owns/produced the show? We’re getting a reunion baby