Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Is Friends Still the Most Popular Show on TV?
    It is, of course, slightly strange that a 20-year-old sitcom still retains such a magnetic appeal; for example, Warner Bros. also produced ER, which ran for 15 seasons, but there’s no opportunity, nor likely much demand, to have your photo taken on that show’s authentic gurney, let alone get engaged on it. Yet Friends’ popularity seems to be on the rise. Between its various syndicated airings, the show still draws a weekly audience of 16 million in the U.S., a big enough viewership to make it a viable hit on current network TV (and that’s not even including streaming). In the U.K., ratings for Friends repeats are growing, up more than 10 percent in 2015 from the previous year. And as of January 1, 2015, the entire run of Friends — all 236 episodes, or 88 hours’ worth — has become available on Netflix; the company paid an undisclosed sum for the rights to stream it. (The best industry guess put the price at roughly $118 million.) Netflix, notoriously, doesn’t release information about how many people are watching its shows, but the sitcom appears to be winning a whole new audience. “The social chatter was huge,” says Erin Dwyer, a Netflix spokesperson. “And we’ve been talking to a lot of teen-oriented outlets, like Seventeen and Teen.com, and what we’ve been interested to learn is that they get just as much buzz and clicks for Friends as they do for something like Pretty Little Liars, which is on the air right now.”

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

They even have their own Funko Pops now.

3. They've been something I may need, hahah. I mean, I don't need them, but kinda want.

4. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This is still (and will probably always be) my go-to hangover/bedridden with sickness show. It just makes me so happy.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I love this show so much. Back when I lived in Brazil, they'd air two episodes a day right after school. I always looked forward to that hour of entertainment. I should rewatch this once summer break comes around.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I saw all 6. I convinced myself I should just buy Joey and Chandler. But then I realized once I bought those, I would need them all. So I wisely bought none of them. Yet.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. I wish you wouldn't have told me that.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

On to season 10

9. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Wait, is the one where no one's ready in 3 or 4?

10. That's 3 which is my personal favorite season

11. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

I always enjoyed but never really loved the show until I watched it on Netflix recently. I get it now. It seems a bit... cashed in, maybe even lazy the last few seasons, but it still makes me laugh and before you know it, an entire day has passed where all you've done is watched Friends.

One of my favorite scenes is the Holiday Armadillo. The costume, Ross's movements, the dialogue... so great.

Even later on when Joey somehow gets dumber, Phoebe gets... stranger, Ross gets whinier... it just works. For ten fucking seasons it works.

12. Aj LaGambina

Agreed.

"Oh ho, he'll be back.... Oh ho, there's no one in the room."

13. Haha, that's season three episode two, maybe my favorite episode.

But four has "The One With the Embryos" which is also in play for my favorite episode.

Kiana and Slangster like this.
  14. Aj LaGambina

That's a contender for sure.

15. Miss Heartcore Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

One of my favorite shows of all time. A show that I quote daily...that even watching old episodes, I know almost all the lines. Chandler is probably one of my favorite TV characters of all time.

Top 10 Favorite Episodes:
    TOW Ross Got High
    TOW Joey's Porsche
    TOW Where Everybody Finds Out
    TOW The Embryo's
    TOW Unagi
    TOW The Proposal Part 2
    TOW the Ball
    TOW With the Ring
    TO After Vegas
    TOW They All Turn 30

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The One Where Ross Got High might be my favorite. So ridiculous.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Love this show, can put it on and it still makes me laugh, regardless of how many times I've seen every episode

18. Miss Heartcore

OMG I FORGOT TO MENTION ONE OF THE BEST EPS EVER

19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

MY SANDWICH?!

20. Miss Heartcore

i'm sorry, but you guys unleashed a monster. this is just like the parks and rec thread for me.
    :crylaugh::verysad::verysad::crylaugh:

Jason Tate and Slangster like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jason Tate and Miss Heartcore like this.
  22. I love this digression

23. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I used to haaate Ross but now he's one of my favorite characters (even though I can clearly see his flaws), oops.

marceting and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Miss Heartcore

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. Miss Heartcore

almost forgot about....the claw