Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

THEY WERE ON A BREAK!!!!!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

100% on a break.

Ross: Is this about Mark?
    Rachel: (shocked) Oh my God.
    Ross: Okay, it’s not, it’s not.
    Rachel: Oh my God. I cannot keep having this same fight over and over again, Ross, no, you’re, you’re, you’re making this too hard.
    Ross: Oh I’m, I’m making this too hard. Okay, what do you want me to do.
    Rachel: I don’t know, I don’t know. Urrrgh! Look, maybe we should take a break.
    Ross: Okay, okay, fine, you’re right. Let’s ah, let’s take a break, (goes to the door) let’s cool off, okay, let’s get some frozen yogart, or something.. (opens the door)
    Rachel: No. (Ross is standing in the doorway.) A break from us.

(Ross looks at her, then leaves slamming the door behind him.)

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. From an on screen chemistry perspective? Absolutely. It's one of the core reasons the show got as popular as it did. "Ross and Rachel" became a meme for relationships off of those two.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

The Joey thing really frustrated me watching it week to week because longtime viewers knew the writers were never going to commit to it and were merely stalling for time to keep the series running. They built up to it for like two full seasons and then casually tossed it away in one episode (when they couldn’t move past kissing without it being awkward) only to literally never mention it again. It also gave us the dumbest cliffhanger with the Joey fakeout proposal. The whole thing made me so uncomfortable.

Jason Tate and CarpetElf like this.
  5. Still hilarious though in hindsight.
    Yep.

Nyquist likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

My girlfriend hates that sooooooooo much. lol

I admit, I liked when Joey had unrequited feelings for Rachel and he genuinely struggled with it and tried to be the bigger person and get over it. It felt like a total cop-out when the shoe was on the other foot.

Nyquist likes this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Could Chandler be any more underrated?

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I personally never saw the chemistry. I get that people rooted for them to be together but that's a whole other issue with society haha

9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I always looked forward to the Friends finales because they were pretty good about leaving you on the hook over the summer. It was always zeitgeisty to talk about at school at the end of the year and wonder over for the summer before it returned in the fall. Sweeps and all that. They were good at it. It was very of the time.

But that finale...I still remember it ending there and being like “wait what? THAT’S NOT A CLIFFHANGER THAT’S JUST A RIDICULOUSLY OVERCOMPLICATED MISUNDERSTANDING CLEARED UP WITH A SIMPLE “oh sorry, no, this aint mine, it was in Ross’s pocket. Oops.””

I was so mad lol. Every time I see it now and Rachel does the whole “oh my god!”

*dramatic pause*

“Okay.”

*Joey makes stupid face*

I just laugh.

CarpetElf and chewbacca110 like this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah that didn't work for me when I first saw it and that was almost 15 years ago.

my god life is fleeting

Nyquist likes this.
  11. Saw it live in college with a bunch of friends. There was an audible ... "NOOOOOOOO!"

Heh, the line ... "RIDICULOUSLY OVERCOMPLICATED MISUNDERSTANDING CLEARED UP WITH A SIMPLE.."

Sums up sitcoms in a nutshell. How I will always love them.

chewbacca110, CarpetElf and Nyquist like this.
  12. Jake Gyllenhaal

They should have written Ross off the show and replaced him with Russ

[​IMG]

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

maybe they did and he just assumed the identity of Ross. no way to know for sure

14. Oh it’s that time of year where I marathon through every thanksgiving episode!

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My hot take is that they dumbed Rachel down to put her with Joey which automatically makes them a bad couple and also no chemistry.

Ross and Rachel also sucked.

Phoebe/Mike and monica/chandler were my fave couples

16. Joey and the girl that punched him is my fav couple

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I love that it's Punky Brewster

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

both of those made sense
    Phoebe needed someone who got her but was also a bit of a normie
    Monica needed someone who got her but also challenged her, and Monica and Chandler are the whole opposites attract thing

Nyquist likes this.
  19. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah Mike grounded phoebe well but also got her.

I love that Monica and chandler weren't totally random. They'd have these lil moments like at the beach house when chandler tries to convince Monica he'd be a good bf, chandler suggesting they get together and have a baby if both are single by 40, all the times chandler comforts her and tells her she's beautiful.. All those lil moments so it made more sense.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Speaker of Brewsters, Chandler should have gotten over his jealousy and stayed with Paget

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Nice segue

22. Not sure which Thanksgiving episode is better: the one with Chandler in the box or the one where Rachel makes the bad dessert

Kingjohn_654 and CarpetElf like this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Chandler in the box for sure imo

24. chewbacca110

I am partial to Rachel's bad dessert.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Meat good jam good is the best but I think box is the better episode overall

Nyquist and CarpetElf like this.