Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

It's one of my all time faves. I can't even count how many times I've seen it.

CarpetElf, supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

ha, i was just thinking about watching these myself as i have never seen them. i had no idea there was like 6 of them or whatever it is.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah I hadn't either I just happened to be at a hotel flipping thru channels and they kept playing whatever two they must have the rights to air lol and it made me wanna watch the others and I'm like wellllp I'm late to this bandwagon. I haven't seen any of those action franchises tho like MI or the Bourne ones or die hard or whatever.

4. Kiana

MERRRRRRRGE

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Easy A is so good.

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

After dating for nearly 2 years, and starting it on our 5th date, my girlfriend and I finally watched all 10 seasons. It's her fav show of all-time and I'd watched maybe 2 episodes beforehand.

My hot take? I like Ross. AMA.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Ross is the funniest character.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

oh that's a dangerous AMA

chewbacca110 likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Do you like Ross and Rachel as a couple?

10. chewbacca110

That's a tough one, but my gut says no to 'liking' them as a couple, despite their courtship being entertaining television.

They reminded me of every couple that is terribly insecure, don't know what they want, and don't know how to communicate. You've either been in that situation and/or you know someone who has.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Except 99% of that is motherfuckin Ross.

Kiana likes this.
  12. chewbacca110

You're not wrong. Ross was insanely immature, jealous, and a terrible communicator. I actually think he was worse when they WEREN'T together. That said: it takes 2 to make a couple so she takes some of the brunt of not being a good couple. I don't know why she kept wanting to get back together with him.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Ross IS immature, jealous, and a terrible communicator. He didn't really develop and arguably regressed over the series.

I have some thoughts about Ross haha

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Yeah so many red flags with Ross, I'm glad Carol wound up with Susan who was cute and more importantly not Ross

awakeohsleeper and CarpetElf like this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Susan was great and should've been in the show more.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Ross: [staring through the peephole to see Rachel come back from her date with Mark] I knew it. I knew it. I always knew she liked him. She'd say no, but here we are, right. We just broke up, first thing she does.

Chandler: You didn't just break up!

Ross: Hey, it's been like, three weeks!

Chandler: You slept with somebody three hours after you thought you broke up. I mean, bullets have left guns slower!

Kingjohn_654, Kiana, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I know this is the Friends thread and not the Easy A thread, but yes yes yes to this. I quote this movie so much. It’s the best and her parents are basically my favorite movie couple.

supernovagirl and Jason Tate like this.
  19. Kiana

Basically every joke at the expense of Ross's love life was A+ lol.

Like when creepy abuser of power Ross slept with his student and was worried she'd cheat on spring break and he was like "what do I do??" and chandler was like "well maybe you don't marry this one!"

Ross is a hilarious character and David was a great comedic actor but yeah relationship Ross was the worst.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah from an acting perspective Schwimmer was so good haha

popdisaster00 likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really wish people were more clear when they post about Ross. So many times when someone says, “Ross is the best character,” what they mean is, “David Schwimmer was the funniest actor,” and then everyone gets into an argument when they’re really saying two different things. Ross was really really awful as a person and that makes him hard to watch and enjoy, but his funny moments and David’s timing are always incredible so he’s great in that sense.

popdisaster00 and Whalejaw like this.
  22. Kiana

Yeah Ross played by anyone else just wouldn't have been effective. David gave him that likability cause he's funny af. I remember the first time I saw the leather pants episode I was dying and I tried to tell my friend about it during PE the next day lol but I was laughing so hard trying to describe the scene that I couldn't breathe

23. chewbacca110

Ross was easily the worst person on the show, but that’s why I liked him- because he stood out. On a show about 6 people, one of them has to be the least-likable person otherwise it’s just 6 happy people who struggle with everyday woes and that’s not realistic, nor entertaining. So much of what he does will make you roll your eyes, but he’s like a car crash that you can’t take your eyes away from. You knew every time he and Rachel broke up, he’d go on about being jealous and be in the wrong but Schwimmer played that slimy quality perfectly. Ross’ pettiness is one of his main qualities, for better or worse (most of the time the latter).

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Monica was also kinda the worst, what were Jack and Judy like as parents

25. chewbacca110

I left that out too. Monica was also petty and neurotic so it must have run in the Geller family. Haha