Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Boy Meets World also had the 90s sitcom issue of the disappearing siblings. Never forget Shawn’s sister Stacey, Topanga’s sister Nebula, Shawn’s other half brother that we met in one episode and then never saw again, and the time Morgan disappeared for a extended period before finally returning as a completely different actress with the hand waving line about how she was on a really long “timeout.”

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Oh yea, I remember one of which was Michael McKean and Annette O'Toole, who are married in real life

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Speaking of Ben disappeared to live in that hotel

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Was Julie not there long enough to be recurring? She was way too good for Ross.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The same could be said about pretty much everyone.

6. Kiana

True except maybe Emily who is the woooorst and may be on his level idk

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

speaking of Emily did her and Ross have eleventy billion dollars because they travel between London and NYC so freely

8. Kiana

The Friends also fly to/road trip to Vegas on whims for a weekend and I'm like ok but Vegas and new York are actually pretty far away for a whim??

CarpetElf and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

when he flies over there and shes not even there shes in NY always infuriates me like how do you not make SURE your significant other who lives in england plans to be in the same country when you plan to visit lol

but joeys hilarious toblerone obsession always eases the fury

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

to be fair though Ross was definitely the richest Friend at that time, i just googled palentologists salaries and in 2012 average salary was $106K so assume in the mid 90s maybe they brought home in the high 80s/90s which probably allowed him to live comfortably in his pottery barn palace. Emily also came from wealth by the way her parents are.

but still.

awakeohsleeper and CarpetElf like this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I had a big friends kick recently, it's been a longgggg time since I did one of those. I watched like 6 in a row.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It’s been a few years since I’ve really watched Friends. The only exception is I watched 3 or 4 of the Thanksgiving episode on Thanksgiving last year. Beyond that I haven’t really watched recently. Partly because Netflix episodes are edited and that really bugs me.

13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Fun fact: in the Halloween episode where Ross dresses like doodie (Sputnik) and Chandler dresses like a pink rabbit, Monica says she picked that costume because his favorite book as a kid was The Velveteen Rabbit.

The Velveteen Rabbit was the favorite book of Joey's girlfriend from a way earlier season who cheated on him with Chandler and Chandler bought her the book as birthday gift (which Joey gave her because he bought her a clock pen). And Chandler never mentions the book in that episode.

Weird that they specifically call out that book twice.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

Can you name some of the edits? I've only watched random episodes on TBS before actually watching on Netflix so I don't know what's missing or not but haven't felt any odd cuts.

15. Greg

Oh, I don’t know what’s missing at this point. I used to be able to watch Scrubs in syndication and call out the edits and cuts, but it’s been too long since I’ve seen the uncut stuff.

I’m just not really a fan of watching things knowing something is missing.

16. The OG DVD series they released had usually two extra scenes added in to each episode. A couple minutes usually. I think the Netflix version is what actually aired on TV, but not what the DVD versions have.

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. Greg

I could be mistaken, but I read Netflix was the syndication cuts. But it’s been awhile since I’ve checked on that.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I cannot watch the netflix versions because for years i had the DVDs which had the uncut episodes and there are SO many lines and jokes i am used to and expect to happen in various episodes that dont happen and it bothers me so much. i think i need to just get the box set, as ive misplaced so many discs over the years.

CarpetElf, TJ Wells and Jason Tate like this.
  19. Pseudo!

Regular

So they were definitely on a break right ?

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  20. marsupial jones

The neutral third party that Rachel sits next to on the plane on her way to England says yes, so I say yes.

chewbacca110 and Jason Tate like this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

And it was House, and he’s always right

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It's just unrealistic that Ross would have a one night stand, like didn't he only sleep with Carol and Rachel before that, I don't know what the rules of being on a break are

23. Kiana

Whether they were on a break is irrelevant. Idk why the show always focused on that part Rachel deserved a better defense! Ross is 100% in the wrong and knew it or else he wouldn't have went all over town covering his tracks smh!!

24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

riiight like it's deeper than "was it officially cheating or not??" , it was a messed up and hurtful thing to do to someone you love, and then especially to lie and try and cover it up.