Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Well the chick and duck were there kind of in secret

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

"I always thought Chandler was the chick and you were the duck"

aspeedomodel and popdisaster00 like this.
  3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The landlord/maintenance guy warned them about having a pet in the apartment

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. marsupial jones

Realizing how many times this show focuses on Rachel's birthday. There are at least 3 episodes that contain Rachel's birthday as a main storyline. Phoebe has one and... that's it. No other characters get a birthday episode.

5. The One Where They All Turn 30

aspeedomodel and marceting like this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Sitcoms aren’t known for their continuity. I remember getting mad at Boy Meets World for advancing the characters by two grades without explanation.

supernovagirl and popdisaster00 like this.
  7. marsupial jones

Which is mostly specific to Rachel. They talk / show brief clips of the others birthdays but that's a Rachel specific episode.

8. I mean, it's about all their birthdays and turning 30. The Ross stuff in that episode is classic.

9. marsupial jones

Haha same.

Which is one of the many reasons I love Larry David. I remember learning that he had Newman (once Knight was hired) re-do the few lines from a way earlier season (in which Newman isn't even seen, just heard) just to continue continuity. He also wanted to reshoot scenes with Jerry's new dad over original dad but they didn't have time / budget. He was / is a big stickler about those things which is very neat.

Although it's humorous since girlfriends and boyfriends come and go from episode to episode with rarely a mention of them again.

10. marsupial jones

Fuck, I can't remember off hand the Ross stuff. I remember Joey constantly saying, "why god why?!" And "not me! We had a deal!" And Chandler making Rachel cry with his card lol

11. [​IMG]

aspeedomodel and marsupial jones like this.
  12. Emma's birthday is also in an episode.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. marsupial jones

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

The penis cake!

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Boy meets world has the worst continuity but I enjoy they crack jokes at it. But srsly with them trying to make us believe Topanga and Corey have been together since they were like three when that was obv not the case.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Jason Tate like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

They couldn't with Jerry's dad cause they changed too much around the apartment I think. Though they did do it with Jerry Stiller too haha.

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

He despised her throughout the first season!

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My grilfriend is a diehard Friends fan (re-watches all 10 seasons every year) and I am having my first go-through with her. We are halfway through season 3 and I think it is hitting it's stride.

I have been warned about 2 things: I will learn to hate Ross (I know the whole" WE WERE ON A BREAK!!" bit) and that the writers make Joey dumber.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

The homophobic jokes in the early seasons don't age well

Contender and chewbacca110 like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Currently rewatching it with my wife. First time I've watched it all in order. We've just hit the BREAK bit and it is annoying.

Interesting about Joey. In the first series, they painted Phoebe out to be a bit like that which I hadn't remembered.

This so much. And the fact that it is very white. Definitely a product of its time.

21. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I found the last 3-4 seasons pretty awful. Granted I grew up with this show as a teenager and re-watched the shit out of the first 3-4 seasons, so those will always hold a special place in my heart.

Trying to go back and watch the end of it's run was a chore. It became less about funny, quirky characters getting into odd situations and more about shoving the characters themselves into odd situations. Not that there was nothing good to say about the last few seasons, but I've intended to re-watch the series twice now since it's been on Netflix and I tap out during Season 7.

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Not sure if it was criticized at the time, but it took until the 8th or 9th season to cast a person of color (Aisha Tyler) in a recurring role.

awakeohsleeper and Contender like this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I am sooooo forgiving to like any tv show I ever watch. If they get in a few really solid seasons, I will enjoy the show to the end unconditionally, and even if I recognize that it's getting worse and worse, I will die on a hill defending those shows.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  24. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Let's not forget Topanga had like, four different actors play her parents, haha

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah, Monica and Chandler getting married would have been a great end to this show. Seasons 7-10 have maybe 10-15 good episodes between all of them.