Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friends From College (Netflix) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 22, 2017.

1. True

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

In terms of individual characters I hope next season that Keegan is less allover the place allll the time, constantly messing up; it got annoying at times. He literally messed up everything, which I know is the point but it got tiresome. We get that he's a screw up but I think the point was overused.

Also Billy Eichners character was way too underused and they tried so hard to make sure he wasn't a funny character. If he comes back, I hope that they've found a middle ground.

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Billy could be in literally ever scene and I'd still say he's underused. Love that guy.

I haven't watched this yet, but I'm sad to hear his character isn't "funny"

popdisaster00 likes this.
  4. I mean his character definitely does things that are funny, but overall he is one of the more serious characters

trevorshmevor and suicidesaints like this.
  5. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Yeah I think they went out of their way to write Billy differently since he usually plays the same role in everything else (imo)

6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Just finished episode 2, hardest I've laughed so far has been when that fucking Chekhov's Bunny appeared. So telegraphed

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Ok actually L. Ron Howard, and the dudes insistence that that was his name killed me. This show is super inconsistent, and they way it cuts between plot lines and characters feels like a sketch show

trevorshmevor and imthesheriff like this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oops didnt realize there was a thread for this....been posting about it in the Netflix thread.

I loved this show, definitely the most I've laughed at a show in a long time. I get that the plot is a little all over the place, but I don't think it warrants the awful reviews it's been getting.

9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Them playing tennis was so absurd but I was crying from laughing

trevorshmevor and popdisaster00 like this.
  10. Those scenes killed me.

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I think I've come around to the fact that I hate this show, and yet I'm six episodes in and feel like I should finish it because I'm a conpletionist.

Kingjohn_654 and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I liked it, but wouldn't go farther than that. The cast is great, with the standout surprisingly being Fred Savage for me, but it's just not that funny aside from the full episodes where the guys do drugs in the apartment and the wedding (Seth was great), and then scattered moments across the rest. Keegan doing the voices didn't make me laugh a single time, and the affair storyline, which really was basically the main plot of the show, was kind of odd. Wasn't sure whose side I was supposed to be on, if anyone's. Finale was pretty unsatisfying too, hoping they get a second season and bring closure on more stuff.

I know this was overall pretty negative but I'm definitely glad I watched it, just found it disappointing as a big fan of the cast and most of Stoller's other work. Was hoping for more of a Happy Endings vibe than the dramedy that we got

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

All the wedding toasts had me losing it.

"Orange is the new bridesmaid!"

amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

This where I'm at. Should have just been a 100 minute movie.

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I really hate that it glamorized the affairs by not telling us who to root for. Yeah, as the child of divorced parents because of an affair, my bias clearly had me leaning towards Cobie's character, and then she did the same. Idk. By having them both do it, the writing indicated that affairs are ok, and quite frankly, fuck that hypothesis.

There are a lot of stories that can handle the destruction of an affair. This one did it horribly.

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  16. I liked this season a lot but I feel like it would have worked better without the affair storyline. Sometimes I’d be laughing at or relating to something Ethan did, only for the very next scene to be he and Sam sneaking around about the affair. As others have mentioned, the morality of the show is kind of all over the place and it’s hard to get a feel for whether I should like these characters or not. That said, I thought it was exceptionally funny, I loved the cast, Fred Savage was *perfect* and I’m hoping it gets a second season. There was a lot of heart here and I think ironing out some of the kinks would make for a great series moving forward.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I watched the first episode. I don't get it. Such a talented cast and yet zero likable characters. Why does every show need to have a cheating storyline? And the characters are so pretentious that it hurts. The whole conversation about being above YA novels made me sick. Billy Eichner was the only thing I really liked about it. Friends From College makes me glad I never went to college out of fear that I'd be like any of these insufferable jerks.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Kingjohn_654

Oh and I liked hearing that Pavement song. Does this show get any better at all?

19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

no

Garrett L. and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. Kingjohn_654

Thanks. I was worried that my post was too much of a hot take, but sounds like I'm not alone.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Renewed

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I love this show, absolutely loved it am already hankering for a new season

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. Oh wow I completely forgot about this show

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. irthesteve