Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friday Night Lights TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I forgot ALL about S2 ending abruptly. It was a relief hahaha.

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I legit tell people to skip season 2, and then watch it later.

oldjersey likes this.
  3. chris

Trusted Supporter

The rest of the show basically ignores S2 so for that reason alone you can probably skip it. But now that you can just binge it on Netflix I don't see any reason not to just power through.

edit: actually, if it's someones first time, really hype them up on Santiago

That all said I'm about due for a rewatch

kbeef2 likes this.
  4. drewinseries

Drew

Whenever friends of mine watch it, I tell them if you are having fatigue in S2, read what happens online and move on. You are not missing anything, and if the fatigue keeps you from moving on, you're missing some of the show's best.

5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Season two does some great stuff with Street so I'd never skip it.

6. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Yeah, Season 2 wasn't unwatchable. It just has that one really bad storyline with Tyra and Landry. Totally worth watching, but the show truly becomes legendary once you hit season 4-5.

7. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Just read on twitter that FNL is being taken off Netflix in October. Is this true? :(

michael_gatto likes this.
  8. chris

Trusted Supporter

Devastating

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Noooooooooooooooo

10. chris

Trusted Supporter

got 1 and a half seasons left on my rewatch, guess I’m gonna speed through these and idk, never watch this show again

11. drewinseries

Drew

Series is only 45 bucks on amazon, DVD.

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

this is on Prime Video, ep 1 lets gooooo

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

OMG thank you I’ve been truly missing it being on streaming

14. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Bump cuz I’m watching this all the way through again for I think the third time. Such a great show.

drewinseries likes this.
  15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Started this again today. Truly the definition of a comfort show.

16. duffe

I Want To Be There

that opening theme is perfect

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

So a new ARNP started at my job and she is super cool, from Texas. We were rattling off TV series we have watched and loved and wouldn't you know this freaking gal has never watched FNL, I told her she must IMMEDIATELY and she said ok.... I was v upset about this but I think she took my ridiculous enthusiasm about this show especially because shes from Texas to heart.

Anyways i'm deff doing a rewatch myself now. Been a while.

Oh and I told her skip season 2 after her telling me about a few other series she stopped watching for slow seasons lol.

18. Morrissey

Trusted

They did a study of who actually watched the show and it tended to be wealthier, urban people. That isn't to say there aren't wealthy and urban areas of Texas, but it is a show that resonated with people who lived different lives than the characters. I think it is because, at the core of the show, there is a criticism of football obsession, which is why it ends with Taylor giving up coaching in the heart of high school football.

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

I remember the first time I went to New Orleans I asked a lot of people I met if they watched Treme and none of them did. Obviously Treme was a smaller show, but people probably don't gravitate as much to something that feels that close, especially since the glaring ways that the show or movie changes details would bother them.

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think people all around the country also just thought it was just a dumb football TV show, it obviously struggled with viewers the entire series.

I'm texting her right now to ask her why she never checked it out. If you were in at least Northern NJ like me you were pumped for Sopranos from day 1 lol.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, she thought it was just about football, I've had a number of people who had that worry who just never checked it out.

22. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

Totally agree. Yes its the weakest season, but I think its worth watching all the way through. The show is about many things but football is at the center. How do you watch a football game? All four quarters. Same deal here.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just started S1E1 again.

Feelin great about it.

SeeTheLights and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Trying to figure out if I enjoy s1/s3 or s4/s5 more. Obvi taking 2 out of the equation.

I still need to finish s4 and then watch s5 but I really think Michael B's performance tips the scales for 4/5 being better. Idk yet.

25. Morrissey

Trusted

Other than Vince the new cast really isn't that engaging. Matt and Tim make the show on the kids front.