Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friday Night Lights TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. dp619

Regular Supporter

I'll just leave this here

2. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

Loved this show. Some great music too, heard Sufjan, Iron & Wine, Spoon, Avett Bros, Whiskeytown, Drive-by Truckers, etc.

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I did it, I started a rewatch. Annnnnnd guess I'm not doing anything else for the next few weeks.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  4. drewinseries

Drew

I love season 4 of this show.

5. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

This made me smile so much

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Haha loved that update on what Grandma Saracen is up to!

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just met a guy today at my job who is from Odessa, Texas and went to the HS this show was shot. I need to rewatch this show. I miss it so much. Ugh.

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Currently rewatching this show and I had a thought I never considered before. How can Julie decide to go to East Dillon when she's zoned for West Dillon, but Luke can't decide to go to West Dillon when he's zoned for East? Is it just because her dad is the coach at East?

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

My mom is a teacher and when I went to high school I could have gone to her school if I wanted, even though it was in a completely different district.

jjnunn118 likes this.
  10. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Almost time for my yearly re-watch of season one. Perfect television.

mad likes this.
  11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Yep season one of this show is one of my favourite seasons of anything ever.

12. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

But how good is this show though...going for a rewatch now of it.

mad likes this.
  13. drewinseries

Drew

I've seen everything twice now, with just finishing season 1 for a third time. In both re-watches I found myself skipping season 2.

SeeTheLights likes this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I binged the entire series in a week or so last summer. I watched the first episode out of boredom thinking I wouldn't like it but would give it a shot and holy shit I got addicted.

SeeTheLights and stayillogical like this.
  15. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly I knows it's been said before probably but the acting in this show is just too top notch. Just the whole cast. I still don't understand how Coach Taylor and Mrs. Taylor aren't real people. Their acting, looks at each other and marriage is so real seeming it's crazy haha. I try to recommend this to all my friends but either think it's too much about football or think it's like a cheese ball teen show from the WB haha. I still can't believe we got as much as we did for the amount of seasons and on NBC too.

mad likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is honestly the main reason why I waited so long to give this a chance. My buddy always told me how good it was and I kind of laughed it off thinking it was some teen drama on basic television. Thank God I caved.

17. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Season four still destroys me.

18. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Still think this is one of the best scenes, sequences, and episodes in the series

mad likes this.
  19. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Not sure if the bumping of this was coincidental or not, but Kerry Ehrin was just on NPR's 1A this morning with a few others discussing various series finales. Pretty interesting stuff. Joshua asked her a bit about FNL.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is my favorite episode of the show but I find it seriously hard to rewatch it. I am brought to legit tears every time, I have to like mentally prepare myself to watch it.

21. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

No, actually didn't know about that haha. That sounds interesting and definitely will have to check that out!

22. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

There is a disturbing lack of youtube clips from this show.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Doing the rewatch! S1e1!!! Pumped!

ghostxvapor and mad like this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Legit question. When recommending this to somebody, do you warn them about season 2 or do you let them deal with the mindfuck of a rollercoaster we all had to deal with ourselves?

25. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I tell them that season 2 has a slight drop off, but 3-5 are perfect. Then just wait for the reactions

chewbacca110 and oldjersey like this.