Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Friday Night Lights TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Friday Night Lights is an American drama television series about a high school football team in the fictional town of Dillon, Texas. It was developed by Peter Berg and executive produced by Brian Grazer, David Nevins, Sarah Aubrey, and Jason Katims, based on the 1990 nonfiction book and 2004 film of the same name. The series' primary setting, Dillon, is a small, close-knit community in rural Texas. Particular focus is given to team coach Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler) and his family, Tami, Julie, and Grace. The show uses this small town backdrop to address many issues facing contemporary American culture, including family values, school funding, racism, drugs, abortion, and lack of economic opportunities.

2. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

Sigh. I still watch this show all the time. Still miss it to this day.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I need to go back to this. I watched the first season last year, but then didn't continue after the second season when Landry killed a guy.

4. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

That plotline is a mistake and I can see how it would turn you off, but stick with it. It will reward you!

5. Hundred percent agree with @Greg Robson, you gotta power through. The writer strike ruined that season and they basically pretend it never happened starting with three. Definitely worth not giving up on it -- for 4 and 5 alone.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, I'm definitely going to get back to it at some point. I loved season one. Pretty rare for a freshman season of a network TV show to be that strong.

Greg Robson likes this.
  7. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I work at home and watched this during my lunch breaks. Such a good show. Definitely power through it

8. The Pharmacist

Legal Drug Dealer Prestigious

I might binge watch this after my white collar binge. Mmmm Tim Riggins

9. shea

RIP Supporter

Absolutely adore this show and can't stand that I can't get anyone I know to watch it.

"That dorky show about high school football? Lol no thanks".
    >:-(

10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Never watched it while it was on.

Binged it last year and loooooooved it.

11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Regardless of season two's missteps, this show remains a fixture in my life. I've watched the entire series all the way through a number of times. The fact that a show like this rotates a large portion of the cast and keeps you invested in every character always impresses me.

12. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Wore my FNL shirt fom monstersoutside at work the other day and only one customer commented on it. I proceeded to geek out with her but man, more people need to watch this show. My second time watching it though I realized just how insufferable Julie Taylor actually is. Saracen deserves better tbh.

13. drewinseries

Drew

Rewatching the show and just re-living all the annoying Julie moments.

14. drewinseries

Drew

Bumping because Julie still sucks.

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh I love this show too much. Think I might rewatch it soon.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I just rematched this last summer and I already want to rewatch it and I almost never rewatch dramas.

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I have a Riggins Rigs t shirt that I wear pretty often and people are always asking me if I've been to Dillon, TX. Then I have to explain to them that it's not real and that I love a tv show about high school football and they usually stop talking to me after that.

Nathan and CarpetElf like this.
  18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I have a Dillon Panthers 2007 State Champions t-shirt that I wear every now and then, I've been asked what position I played and where Dillon is

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  19. drewinseries

Drew

I put off watching for so long because my sister raved about (poor choice I know, but she really likes shitty shows) and I figured it was high school soap opera like, and once I started I was hooked.

20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Greatest finale in all of television. I love every single character on this show (even Julie)

21. drewinseries

Drew

But how?

22. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I liked Julie for the most part, the only exceptions being her phase with "the swede" and sleeping with her TA in season 5. So basically when she wasn't with Matt.

23. drewinseries

Drew

Sometimes it seems like they gave her things to be pouty about just to throw some variance in the Taylor family.

24. brentkid

Regular

I aspire to be like Coach T.

SUCH a good show.

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

I might have to rewatch this show. Loved it