Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fresh Off the Boat TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 24, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

She'd rather focus on movies for sure after the success of Crazy Rich Asians. Still a pretty disappinting reaction from her.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Tom Selleck couldn't do Indiana Jones because of Magnum PI so this is nothing new, torn because it sucks to have to give up a project you love but also Twitter isn't the right platform

3. Kiana May 11, 2019
    (Last edited: May 11, 2019)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

She was being rude af and then threw a tantrum and then deleted some things and tried to save face. Im not like #Cancelled over it espesh cause so many male monsters in Hollywood are walking around being mediocre who did far more than this, but sis needs to take the L on this one. Evoking feminism at the end there was a bit :chin:

4. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Ending with the “believe women” thing is such a disingenuous thing to do. Really bad look.

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yikes

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I genuinely think social media is warping peoples brains in a very bad way. It's perfectly acceptable for her to be upset, but we're so conditioned to immediately vent on social media to strangers instead of talking to friends/family/professionals and it causes so many issues.

delete that shit

7. She's not out of line for being upset that she could no longer commit to a project she was really passionate about. I do think she could've handled this a lot better, though. But I also think people are more upset with her than they should be.

8. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

It’s a remarkably tone deaf and unprofessional thing to do. If you want to be upset about it, fine, vent to your agent or enter into private negotiations to try and restructure your contract. Don’t publicly tweet about it and insult the dozens of people who work hard to make the show (for a lot less money).

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Definitely not a great look. I get the frustration, but yeah as someone who has worked on the low end of the totem pole in this industry for far longer than I’d like and have personally seen the suffering endured by those who can barely afford to survive from job to job...really disappointing. Make no mistake, the film industry is horribly abusive and gets away with way, way too much bullshit. A large majority falls on the shoulders of the people whose names and positions you will never know, the people who can barely afford to eat. I get that she feels she’s suffering for her art but jesus christ so is everyone else.

I feel bad even saying that because it’s not helpful to make comparisons and everyone’s feelings are valid. She’s a woman of color and undoubtedly suffered in ways I never will to get to where she is now.

I’ve just worked on jobs where the hours have been absolutely insane (22 hours starting at 8 a.m. and finishing the next morning at 6 a.m.) and the crew are then expected to drive home safely and return in ten hours to do it again. On one of those days one of the women in the grip department got in an accident on the way home after falling asleep at the wheel. Her car was totaled and she was lucky to be alive. She returned to work and cried as she wondered how she was going to pay for a car because she was currently living in her parents’ basement and struggled to make ends meet. The grip department got together and helped her out in a huge way financially and it’s one of the sweetest things I’ve ever seen.

They shouldn’t have had to do that and she shouldn’t have been in that position in the first place.

I don’t know. Again, I get it, but whenever an actor goes off like this it just...I’m conflicted.

10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

OhTheWater likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Bummer

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I figured this would be the final season anyway. Weird

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Damn, that sucks. My daughter will be bummed

15. The Lucky Moose

They maybe would have had to renegotiate Constance Wu's contract, which wasn't going to happen.

Overall, this was a great show, but I also think seasons one was its peak.

16. The Lucky Moose

Young Rock is made by the same people as FotB. You can tell too. It’s a lot better than you might think it is. Also Randall Park is in it.

Contender and OhTheWater like this.
  17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious