Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Free Solo Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Thought there would have been a thread for this film by now, but alas, here it is!

Probably my favorite interview with Alex so far - it's keep it real 100%, lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. I still need to see this

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I finally saw Free Solo yesterday and it's my favorite movie from 2018. I watched it twice already. It's legitimately the most intense movie I've seen in a long time (probably forever, since it's fucking real).

I've kind of been obsessed with Honnold for the past few months, the dude is probably the most impressive athlete in his field and is humble as fuck. I really hope he continues to do what he loves but also don't want to hear something bad happened because of it.

Also the directors' previous movie Meru is great, strongly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Meru is fantastic; I think I might like that even more than Free Solo, simply for the incredible landscapes featured

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

kinda wish I had gone to see this in IMAX, but I'll have to settle for watching it at home now.

6. yung_ting

Trusted

I just watched this tonight and couldn’t breathe for the majority of runtime, it’s astoundinng the things humans can do

ItsAndrew and Ferrari333SP like this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Also, Alex has the meatiest man hands I've ever seen

I Am Mick and Dog with a Blog like this.
  8. flask

Trusted Supporter

This playing at my theater that has an IMAX screen just not in IMAX smh.

riotspray likes this.
  9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

watched this on Sunday, my god what a ride.

I mean, I knew he was going to make it but I've never been more anxious watching a movie, especially at the boulder problem. two of my favorite films from last year were docs.

his North Face tux from the Oscars is also ace.

I Am Mick and Ferrari333SP like this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I had regrets about not seeing it in theaters but I had to stop about halfway through for a short break because I was so on edge so it’s probabky a good thing I didn’t.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Love this film, love Alex, so so happy this won.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Never even heard of this but it looks incredible after doing some research, how can I go about watching this? It's in theaters? Streaming anywhere?

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This, 100%. I’ve been following this dude’s career for like 10 years and it’s so inspiring but also you can’t help but feel like it’s gonna end badly someday.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

iTunes the only spot online right now at the moment, but I assume in short time it'll be put on all the platforms; buzz on this film is huge right now

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

You can buy it digitally for $10 on Amazon.

I’m also pretty sure it’s gona air on NatGeo on March 3rd?

Ferrari333SP and oldjersey like this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I have it sitting on my hard drive but I'm kinda hoping they'll play it in IMAX some more now that it won.

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely see it in IMAX if you can. It was great, despite how I kept uncomfortably shifting in my seat during all the climbing scenes.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This is airing on NatGeo tonight at 9pm commercial free!

19. Just saw this. Wowee zowee! My body hurts from the stress haha.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  20. Can't believe he did it in under four hours

riotspray and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

If you've never heard of, or seen, Meru, the film Jimmy Chin did before Free Solo, I highly suggest you check it out; I happened to like it even more than Free Solo

coleslawed, Ken, riotspray and 2 others like this.
  22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I need to rewatch Meru. I saw it years ago but I was pretty high, kind of forget most of it. I remember loving it though

Ken and Ferrari333SP like this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Watched this in 4k last night and it was amazing. Will definitely check out Meru.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  24. I cannot get over how much this guy reminds me of Nathan Fielder

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Can't believe what I just watched, seriously crazy