Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fred Thomas - Changer (January 27, 2017)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by matthaber, Oct 31, 2016.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

new single is absolutly incredible, album out on January 27th via Polyvinyl.

For people who dont know, his album last year All Are Saved is an absolute gem and one of my favourite records to come out in 2015. Such an underrated song writer.

2. matthaber

old singles that act as a good introduction:

3. "Brickwall" is spectacular. Going to check out the rest of his stuff immediately.

matthaber likes this.
  4. matthaber

I can't overstate it enough how underrated his album "all are saved" is. So I'm glad to hear this!!

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I enjoyed this

matthaber likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

finally listening to this

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Brickwall is so fucking good! This album is great so far.

matthaber likes this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah this album is on my list, ordered the oop gold/silver from polyvinyl on the garage sale. Super unique record that hits a whole lot of sounds

matthaber likes this.
  9. matthaber

this is probably one of the most under rated albums this year. his previous record is also hella under-rated, and everyone should be checking that as well because i think i prefer it to this new album

cwhit likes this.
  10. username

hey you lil piss baby

I don't think there's a point in making a new thread considering how little interest there was in this, but the new album is unbelievably good. Massive step up from this album, which was already great. The back to back of House Show, Late December into Mother, Daughter, Pharmaprix is heavy.

lettersandnumbers likes this.
  11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Just peeped some recent setlists and he's really not playing much from the new record, unfortunately. My two favourites are missing as well as the collabs with Common Holly and Anna Burch (these seemed so obvious for this tour???).

12. matthaber

He’s probably touring alone and not with a full band which could be why ?

13. matthaber

Last time I saw him he was alone and did everything with 1 guitar + a loop pedal.

His set is very similar to an emperor x set in that he always just plays different arrangements of the songs

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Ohhhh, I didn't even think of/realize that he did that. That honestly has me more interested in seeing him.

15. matthaber

He’s incredible live

Swae Lee likes this.