Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner - Songbook (December 15th 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Oct 16, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I gotta do an album run through again soon

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

What confuses me about his next album is that he went from PSFNP where they recorded it in essentially one take and had minimal after effects and changes, and now has gone back like SEVEN times to make changes to this next one. He said it’s the most he’s ever done this to an album.

He seemed pumped about doing that with Butch for PSFNP, so it’s curious that he’s abandoned that way.

3. emersontheauthor

Regular

Has anyone gotten this in the mail yet? I pre-ordered for my sister for Christmas back in November, got the email that it shipped on Dec. 11, and it said 7-14 business days. I'm now at the end of that time span and was just wondering if I was the only one.

4. johnnyferris Jan 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2018)
    johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The boxset supposed to ship sometime this month. Last I checked at least

5. emersontheauthor

Regular

Thanks! Maybe there's still hope, then, although I think I ordered her the CD set + t-shirt.

johnnyferris likes this.
  6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

My boxset’s shipping label was created this morning. On the way soon! @emersontheauthor

7. emersontheauthor

Regular

Thank you so much, my sister's gift arrived today! I was starting to lose hope but glad it came through.

johnnyferris likes this.
  8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Looks like his new song is out tomorrow at 11 and the tracklist has been tweeted out all via his Twitter.

We got ourselves a political Frank Turner album!!!

irthesteve and Sean Murphy like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Track listing is on twitter and instagram, expectinf an album announcement ASAP. Might need a new thread soon!

callumnmacleod likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol a song called make america great again. hoo boy.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Sand in the gears was cringe bad. I know he has political tendancies but im not looking for an hour of political commentary.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  12. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

Judging from the "Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar" lyric snippet on his Twitter, I have to imagine this is going to be mostly political

13. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Political Frank is going to be fucking great. Fully embracing the "Campfire Punk Rock" mentality again (not that there's anything wrong with having moved away from that).

I can't fucking wait.

14. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Really like the art style of the images he's been posting on social media too. Bet there'll be some good merch when it all lands.

15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Songs up in the UK.

16. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

I saw some of the songs acoustic when he was touring solo recently and they sounded great but I always love acoustic frank the best so I'm not sure.

17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yeah I’m in the same boat

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Political Frank isn't usually my favorite flavor of Frank. I tend to prefer his more personal songs. That being said, I'm hoping being pissed off enough at things happening in the world has made the political really personal for him and that this album kicks all sorts of ass. I really can't wait to hear the track 'Make America Great Again'. Just knowing that he has a song called that made me grin from ear to ear.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i almost wouldnt be surprised if MAGA was just a re-worked version of sand in the gears

20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I do think the personal songs are always better from any artist. I am sorta thinking this album will be a continuation of what PSFNP begun, but now where Frank is taking the political climate as a reason to be a better person yourself.

I know he’s in a good mental spot, married (or at least in a relationship), happy with a cat. So I think his overall outlook on the world has shifted and he just wants to do well and spread a positive message.

21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I was reading about this over on Reddit, and they have it as 14 tracks, but I feel like "The Twenty-First Century Survival Blues" is all one song and not two separate songs.

22. okayibelieveyou

It is one song.

23. okayibelieveyou