Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner - No Man’s Land (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I forgot this was coming out period! Haha

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t feel like there’s been a new Frank song from this album that gets stuck in my head yet, but I’m hoping upon listening to it front to back it that it all grows on me. It’s still Frank.

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This newest one "I Believed You, William Blake" is probably my favorite of all the songs released. I find this one to be musically interesting.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Its not showing on apple music as available for me - i just assumed release week wouldnt see ANOTHER song lol

Brother Beck likes this.
  5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It's on YouTube.

6. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

It’s on Apple Music as a single as opposed to being on the album for some reason.

7. BenSmith94

Trusted

I don't think I've been less excited for a new Frank album in a while, based off what's already been released. Hopefully my doubts are misguided!

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It seems like he’s using a Folk (lore) kind of storytelling on this one. I think I’m going to like it if the songs don’t bleed together. I don’t think Sister Rosetta was a good first song to release because it’s lack of complexity, but again, in the context of an album it may work ok. I do wonder how Silent Key will blend in now. I thought more songs would have been in that structure and music space for this record.

Still like the concept. Still think I’ll be a little underwhelmed. Still hope this leads to a more personal record as a follow up since aside from a song about his mom, it’s historical in content nature.

My wife is a huge Frank music fan, and she has no interest in any of this online album discussion. She hasn’t even heard the singles yet. I am curious to see how she likes it on Friday when I play it for her, because that’ll be an unbiased opinion (other than liking Frank) in terms of concept, execution, and replay-ability.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This one is not bad at all

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Slightly menacing. Gives it some personality.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The last two have been pretty good actually. I still don’t think I’m going to like it though

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I am glad the concept complainers faded away, and now people can complement or complain based on the merit of the musical results.

Wish the album was a home run.

13. Craig Manning

So I haven’t listened to any of the songs yet and am listening to the album now. Wow, this is like, comically bad. It’s like he’s writing book reports for his fifth grade history class.

14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Ouch.

15. Craig Manning

With apologies to Frank, he is not a good enough songwriter to pull this off.

Brother Beck likes this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I have been looking forward to / dreading listening to this in full, but these comments are not instilling confidence, especially from someone whose opinion I value so highly.

17. Craig Manning

I turned this off. It felt like homework.

Jason Tate and Brother Beck like this.
  18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am going to give this a full listen on my commute in a little bit, but I listened to a few of the songs that weren't released ahead of time. This is pretty rough.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

is it out fully or do you have an advance?

20. Craig Manning

It's out there. Basically everything leaks by Thursday morning ahead of its Friday release.

21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Any previous Frank Turner release I would be LOSING SLEEP Wednesday night because I would have the leak when I woke up Thursday morning. This one (after following the terrible BMK and after hearing the first few songs) I'm literally dreading listening to it tomorrow.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

just gonna listen to tape deck heart tomorrow instead lol

23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Also reminds me PSFNP came out what like 4 years ago as of last week?Ugh … when times were good.

Well actually, I was in a super terrible spot personally but that album (among other things) kind of elevated my way of approaching that miserable time and helped pull me out of a year long funk.

johnnyferris and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

man i didnt even like PS4NP that much lol it's been 6 years since i've LOVED something from frank ....one of my favorite artists....ugh lol

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This.