Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner - No Man’s Land (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Jul 3, 2019.

1. lol this is going to be terrible

2. stars143

Trusted

this is going to be good

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. emojedi

Trusted

And this comment accomplishes what?

4. I just think this dude sucks, whatever, won’t be participating in this thread

5. emojedi

Trusted

Sounds good!

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

All of this sounds awesome. Even more excited for this now.

abw123 likes this.
  7. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Ugh this is the track they played on the livestream. So good.

8. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Yeah it doesn’t do much for me. This whole situation reminds me of FOB’s PAX AM Days, which was uniquely bland.

Frank clearly can’t find that sweet spot that made EKMB and TDH so enjoyable.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d say let’s see how this album sounds as a final product. Having a producer who did TDH with Frank suggest to me that Costey was picked because the songs he wrote for this album. Could be wrong.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think the only thing giving me some remote level of comfort here is that a lot of these songs he supposedly was working on since before BMK, which was back when Frank was making music i could stand to listen to. I don't think any other release this year could get me as hyped as a turn-around record from Frank.

abw123 likes this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Its a shame i cant get passed the lyrics here because the performance of this song and the live performance of the music is really fucking good.

12. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

13. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

On his site it shows February 11th, 2022 as release date.

johnnyferris likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

thats a long fuckin rollout lol

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

16. .K. Jun 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2021)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Weird album name. Wonder if people will refer to it as self titled. Reminds me of when Bayside called an album Cult

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  17. .K. Jun 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2021)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Also....new album early next year? That seems like a long wait.

Listening to The Gathering right now and I hope he leaves it off the new record. Feels like a “current” song and may be removed in 2022. Let it live a single and throw it on the new albums deluxe version. Leave that spot open for another new song (assuming Frank does that because typically he records more songs than what makes the record).

18. Indiemoz Aug 24, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2021)
    Indiemoz

Hello.

I have a query that some Frank/Million Dead fans might know....

I came across this CD in my collection. It appears to be a demo. But....its not the 'well known' demo from 2001. Its dated October 2002. It has 3 tracks on it. 'The Kids Are Going To Love IT', Smiling At Strangers On Trains' and 'Hipster Clad' (which is 'Hipsterclad & clueless'). The third track is hand written on the rear. Its in a paper wraparound in a plastic sleeve. It LOOKS legit.....but I cannot for the live of me find anything on the net about it!

Any of you know anything about it?

Thanks.