Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner - No Man’s Land (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Jul 3, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

England and Tape Deck is far and away my favorite Frank period

SteveLikesMusic and .K. like this.
  2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

LI&S is his masterpiece for me. Pretty much a perfect record.

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

England, LI&S are tied as my favourites, and then Tape Deck close behind for me.

MannyDiller likes this.
  4. abw123

Trusted

Agree with all of this, the man definitely needs to go back to his roots. Love Ire, Tape Deck, and England are his best albums by far in my book.

Have not listened to Buddies 2 but Buddies 1 was..........not my thing.

MannyDiller and .K. like this.
  5. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Buddies 2 is basically Buddies 1 with better production. I like it for what it is, but I’ll probably never listen to it again after this week outside of maybe Bad Times Good Vibes and The Fleas.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I would maybe listen a second time if I skip all the dialogue. The whole thing would probably be like, 15 minutes long without the dialogue

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this is where i’m at

JRGComedy and Donnie Ruth like this.
  8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Highly recommend his live stream from today. New drummer for the Souls, a new song called “The Gathering,” and a pretty ripping hour long set

JimmyIymmiJ and .K. like this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

How was the new song?

10. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Had kind of a metal sound to it. I thought it sounded good. He said there should be a new album sometime in 2021.

.K. likes this.
  11. johnnyferris

Lyrics are about missing shows and getting to go to them again, whenever that may be. 14 songs already I think he said.

.K. likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This sounds awful lol

Donnie Ruth, JaytotheGee and Carrow like this.
  13. johnnyferris

Same vein as “Sand in the Gears” I guess. Definitely seems like a good live song

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Apparently its not NEW new, there are videos of him playing the new song acoustic on youtube already. It’s bad.

i have to imagine there is a space jam situation going on here. Some being has stolen franks ability to write lyrics the way he used to, and without that power we are left with

“the first time the beat drops at the bar its going to be biblical / the first time the sing along starts its going to be scriptural”

Joe4th likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i might be being too overly critical but i’ve completely lost all faith in this man putting out music that even remotely interests me any longer. i’d love to be shown otherwise though.

Donnie Ruth and Joe4th like this.
  16. SpyKi

Its always really strange when artists who have written some of your favourite music ever suddenly start making stuff you're not into at all. I'm still hopeful but its definitely dwindling.

17. jesus fucking CHRIST lmao

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

...scriptural?

19. SpyKi

I just checked it out and I heard sensational. Unless he says it again and changes it.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The video i watched definitely says scriptural, which i had to make sure was even a real word, apparently it is .....

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

and it would make frank sense to pair scriptural with biblical

22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Definitely sounds like a Frank Turner-ism.

23. Def 'sensational' in this vid, he could've changed it between then and now, though. Song is....fine I guess, I can see how they would have made it heavier with the full band.

.K. likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Scriptural here for sure but possibly the song has had some work

25. stars143

Trusted

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I like the song and like "scriptural" a lot more than "sensational" in the context of the song. Can't wait to hear the full band version.