Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner - No Man’s Land (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I don’t want another album quite yet lol ... after NML and BMK in back to back years, I want him to just like .. not. Especially if it’s gonna be a concept album or something he threw together in quarantine lol.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  2. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I could see it being a lockdown record. Or even just a short EP of a few songs. There's one about his wife that he's been playing on tour for a while now, could have put that together with 3 or 4 others for an EP.

I doubt it's Lost Evenings related. No point rearranging that till we know how the world looks in 6 months time. Sounds like he took a massive financial hit from it being cancelled too, so I doubt he'd want to expose himself to that risk again so soon.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd be down for another album since his last two didn't really do it for me so it's been like 5 years since I've really had that itch stratched.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Actually he did post this the other day, so perhaps he is working on music?

5. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Yeah that was what me me think it. Everything about Frank says he's a total workaholic. I know he's been doing hundreds of livestream and interviews and things, but it would not surprise me one bit if he's written and recorded a ton of music when not streaming.

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I am fully on board for any type of new music from Frank. Album would be awesome, EP would be awesome also. B-sides and stuff from the last couple albums would be great as well.

.K. likes this.
  7. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Wait I've just thought. Maybe it's a new Mongol Horde record. I'm sure they were in the studio a bunch a while back but then nothing much came from it? And they did a few tour dates recently too.

8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Lost Evenings was cancelled and not postponed so new music is probably the most likely outcome

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

He did something with Fat Mike, right?

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I would love a proper follow up to Positive Songs

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  11. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Looks like it might be a covers album with Fat Mike. People on Reddit have found a song or placeholder on Spotify and YouTube.

.K. likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ugh. fuck Fat Mike.

Joe4th likes this.
  13. m32137

Regular

[​IMG]

FAT137 - July 31, 2020 New split album jam packed with five rocking NOFX songs AND five songs NOFX covers. 10 Song LP/CD

Track Listing 1. Substitute 2. Worse Things Happen at Sea 3. Thatcher Fucked the Kids 4. Ballad of Me and My Friends 5. Glory Hallelujah 6. Scavenger Type 7. Bob 8. Eat the Meek 9. Perfect Government 10. Falling in Love

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yeah I'll pass.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Frank has the strangest social conscience for someone who released the first 2-3 records that he did. Fat Mike is such a fucking POS and I cannot imagine the buffoonery frank will steep to in the twitter replies if people give him shit for this.

Carrow, AFoolsGlory and Joe4th like this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I amend my prior post: I was on board for *almost any* new stuff from Frank.....

zmtr, SpyKi and AFoolsGlory like this.
  17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think this is 30x worse than a quarantine themed new album.

Brother Beck likes this.
  18. Well I can't say I'm surprised, but he's plumbing new depths of tone-deafness and will probably melt down over the slightest blowback from this like he always does.

sonder, Donnie Ruth and Brother Beck like this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm confused, it's NOFX performing 5 new NOFX songs, and then Frank covering 5 NOFX songs? Strange layout...

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my understanding is that theyre each covering 5 songs of eachothers, but it does make it sound like its 5 new NOFX songs and 5 NOFX covers of FT songs

idk how right i am, its a very weird announcement, and i cannot overstate my disappointment in this being his 'big news'.

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. irthesteve

22. abw123

Trusted

Agree with all these comments. However - Be More Kind has really grown on me. It may be partly because No Man's Land sucks so hard that it's revisionist history....but at this point I can genuinely enjoy about 2/3 to 3/4 of BMK. So there's that. Minority opinion, I know.

23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

24. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I think it’s pretty clear that the frank side of this split is superior

25. irthesteve

While the Frank half is obviously better, the whole thing overall is kinda mehhhhh. But that was expected

Snoblin likes this.