Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner / Lucero / The Menzingers / The Homeless Gospel Choir Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 29, 2018.

1. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Grabbed my ticket.

2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Anyone have the presale code for TicketMaster?

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I’m all about this tour. Hopefully going to the MI date

4. ACCESS

Just got mine. Palladium

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  5. MexicanGuitars

Gah curse TIcketmaster's abysmal 37% service fee

6. Yeah was hard to pay 50 with fees each...

7. MexicanGuitars

I actually forgot to factor in the "order processing fee" to the original total. 49.4% of the original ticket price.

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Got tickets to both Boston dates!

9. paulmanley

both boston dates sold out so he added 2 more. already had tickets to night 1 so I picked up a pair for night 4 since it's a Saturday night and a solid excuse to party

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. MexicanGuitars

Wow what size is the Boston venue? That’s far quicker than I could have ever expexted

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think the capacity is something like 1,200 or so? He's pretty massive around here.

12. CTFFEMT93

Regular

I meant he nearly sold out the Agganis last February. And that’s like a 8,000 seat arena.

13. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Frank deserves all the success he gets. So happy he can do four nights at he Royale. He should’ve just done the Agganis again instead ahah.

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

He's definitely earned it, haha. I think the "breaking point" in Boston came after those shows with the Dropkick Murphys a few years back... In general, but definitely here in Boston.

Did he really almost sell out the Agganis, though? The place definitely didn't look empty, but there were plenty of empty seats if I remember correctly.

That being said, the primary draw of an opener on that one was the Bouncing Souls. I think, if he had the Menzingers and Lucero on this? He could have easily done that arena again. It's probably a marketing strategy of sorts. Playing smaller venues, selling them out, etc. builds buzz -- and probably helps with things later in the year when he DOES opt to do a bigger venue.

15. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

first Toronto show sold out, second added on 9/20

16. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Oh you were at the Agganis show too? To me the show looked close to sold out. Definitely over 3/4 sold at the very least. But you’re right about the strategy

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

3/4 sold out sounds about right by my recollection. I was on the floor fairly close to the stage, though, so my perception may have been a bit skewed.

18. MexicanGuitars

Toronto already sold out too, 2nd show added

19. CTFFEMT93

Regular

I was
    i was up in the nosebleeds cuz I bought last minute, so about 3/4 or a little more could be right. I’m also trying to remember a show from a year ago and where I was drunk lol

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Have my ticket for LA. Excited to see Frank and Menzos on the same bill!

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Waiting until I have more money to buy a ticket to this show!

22. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Fees really suck

23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Just got my ticket to the Philly date. The price after fees is pretty absurd but I’m looking forward to the show.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow

[​IMG]

25. MexicanGuitars

holy fuck Restorations????