Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner - Be More Kind (May 4, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by okayibelieveyou, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Frank has seemed to "go dark" on all social media and his website is teasing something involving darkness. Seems logical to assume he is teasing the release of the song "blackout" possibly debuting tomorrow?

going dark seems an interesting choice after already revealing your album title, release date, artwork, tracklisting, 2 songs, and all dates for a world tour lol

but alas

excited for what is likely a new song

SteveLikesMusic and AFoolsGlory like this.
  2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think your hypothesis is a pretty damn good one!

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yep - looks like we are getting the song Blackout on Friday

4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Blackout is awesome.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yes it is

6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m really enjoying this more than the other 3. This is also the real first single which is silly to me as we’ve heard three others, but I’m into this song!

7. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I like it. I will admit that I was a little nervous when he started talking about changing his sound up (especially after There She Is, which I didn’t initially care for although it has grown on me), but I am definitely down with this. Growth is great, but some of the interviews I read/heard made it seem like it was possibly a little more extreme.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah he said something about wanting to make music that could be played in “german night clubs” and i was very puzzled and worried. Interested to hear the rest of this album.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that first initial interview terrified me where he hinted he wanted to make basically an EDM album.

I have received no traces of that with nearly quarter of the album out, but if what he was hinting is the background sounds during the chorus of Blackout I love it.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  10. abw123

Trusted

Wait, what songs have we heard? Blackout, There She Is, and 1933.........what is the 4th ?

11. abw123

Trusted

Oh never mind.........title track.

Weird that Sand In the Gears didn't make this album.

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Since no one seems to want to actually share it... haha

Matthewconte likes this.
  13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

My favorite of the songs released so far. This will go over live I’m sure

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think this song is fine, might be the best one so far but it's disappointing to have heard almost 1/3 of the album and not really like any of them much so far.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  15. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I hope at some point down the line he releases a fully acoustic version of the record as he did with PS4NP. I get he's progressing his sound and it's about growth as an artist and everything, but nothing beats Frank and his guitar. For some reason, the weight of the songs seems a bit lost with his newer style.

Each to their own of course, so glad others are pumped on the new sound!

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  16. JimmyIymmiJ Mar 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2018)
    JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I remember him posting something not too long back about going back in the studio to do just that. Not sure if it’s the whole album like PS4NP, but I’m hoping.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  17. johnnyferris

I’ve listened to Blackout ten times now. There’s something new in each chorus which I especially love.

18. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I'm holding off on singles for this release. When PSFNP came out I was wayyy too into the singles and I feel like it ruined my overall album consumption.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Very glad franks music and melodies are so good because with his last 2 releases (even some of TDH) i just think some of his lyrics/the way he writes them are so bad lol

20. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

IDK why but Spotify says this song was released in January. It slaps though

21. emersontheauthor

Regular

Just listened to it and it's really good! It's different for him and I like it!

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I just Heard “be more kind” at a Mexican restaurant in Denver. FT is mainstream.

emersontheauthor likes this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i posted once that i heard "the way i tend to be" in a babies r us. he's peaked!

JRGComedy and irthesteve like this.
  24. johnnyferris

I heard “The Next Storm” in an outdoor mall.

25. emersontheauthor

Regular

They used to play "Losing Days" in the Burlington Coat Factory where my sister used to work.