Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner - Be More Kind (May 4, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by okayibelieveyou, Jan 28, 2018.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

1. EKMB
    2. LI&S/PS4NP
    3. TDH
    4. POTD
    5. SIFTW

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

LI&S
    PSFNP
    EKMB
    TDH
    SIFTW
    POTD

always shocked and baffled that LI&S isn't first on everyone's list.

George likes this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Frank's definitely a good musical storyteller. 1933 is enjoyable.

4. lina555

Regular

Cool! I wait. Amazing music..

5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Bought tickets to both Boston shows! If you’ve never seen him live he’s easily a top live show and kills it each night. I only enjoy the Menzingers live slightly more...and it doesn’t hurt when they’re both on the same bill!

I’m praying for them to still open up for the Boston shows.

seedmont likes this.
  6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Preordered the LP and got tickets for Los Angeles! June seems so far away

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

After really reading what the lyrical theme and message this album will have, I’ve concluded it’s going to be brutally timely.

Haven’t listened to 1933 a whole bunch but after the shooting and getting myself furious with Paul Ryan, Trump, etc. and some of the disgusting social media response from the right side, man this song fires me up.

8. George

Trusted Prestigious

100%

SpyKi likes this.
  9. MexicanGuitars

Does the England-centric nature of EKMB turn off a decent amount of his home fan base?

Like that's my favorite album by a decent margin over LIL&S, but if all those lyrics were changed to American references, I might not vibe with it as much.

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

England Keep My Bones is an English guy singing about England, (where he grew up, stories from the area and just capturing that regional sense). In a way it doesn’t change.

I’m sure songs on Be More Kind are reactionary to events like Brexit, things Trump and certain political members have been doing in office and so on. The album may capture this time period, but runs the risk of not having the last value. That can be fine. He’s writing what he wants. There is also a song like The She Is on there, and some of the themes, like 1933 are reoccurring in history (which is such a sad thing).

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm American and that's my favorite album

MexicanGuitars and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. Brokarucci

Every track is dope, can't even choose the most favorite one)

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm not really into the England stuff much but the songs on there that hold it back for me don't really have much to do with it.

14. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

If anything, it makes me like it more. I remembered when I went to uni, the accommodation I was staying at was away from the campus on the outskirts of this lovely little traditional English village. I spent a whole afternoon wondering around the village listening to England Keep My Bones. Songs like Wessex Boy and Rivers really resonated with me that day, more so than they ever have.

15. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Only for English Curse otherwise it's just a guy singing about where he's from, even if I think where he's from is mostly shit haha.

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

title track is out, i adore it

Joe4th and Donnie Ruth like this.
  17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I can't wait for this album. I'm definitely going to try and finally see him on this upcoming tour too.

Aaron Mook and Shrek like this.
  18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

To put it this way, I’ve seen him live 3 times and I regret that number being as low as it is (since he loves Boston). He’s impeccable and just GETS how to put on a live show.

Shrek and Joe4th like this.
  19. MexicanGuitars

I like

20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

he was a joy on the run with Arkells, prior to that i had seen him at Bamboozle and opening for Dropkick on the St. Patricks Day show years back

21. abw123

Trusted

He's incredible live, one of the best.

22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

He's now up to SIX Boston shows. My god I am so so so lucky.

I’m going to three of them! I was happy with two but since the Hotelier were added for Sunday opener I figured fuck it and slapped it on a credit card.

23. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

For whatever reason, I never really got into Tape Deck Heart when it came out. Decided to give it another listen yesterday after realizing that Good & Gone is referenced in an Eric Church song (which is random as hell but kind of cool). Can't believe I slept on that record for so long because it's so good. Maybe it just hits the sweet spot for what I'm listening to right now.

Shrek and emersontheauthor like this.
  24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The Eric Church reference always made me happy.

JBoch likes this.
  25. abw123

Trusted

TDH is the best