Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner - Be More Kind (May 4, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by okayibelieveyou, Jan 28, 2018.

1. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

I hate Mittens so much.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think PS4NP is right above SIFTW at the bottom of my rankings, but there are still a bunch of good songs on that record. I think Silent Key is one of his best songs to date, and I do really like Mittens haha.

waking season likes this.
  3. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I'd say it's pretty easily the bottom of the pile. He just sets the bar so damn high that anything less that a great album (so PS4NP) is below the others. Still a good record with a lot of good songs on, just no sticking power for me.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I was (initially) suuuper let down by PS4NP, I don't think I listened to it more than once or twice after it came out for a few months then returned to it and enjoyed it a bit more after seeing some of the songs live. He does set a high bar, thats for damn sure.

5. waking season Jan 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2018)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Silent Key is one of my favorites as well and I don’t dislike Mittens.

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I'd say PS4NP is tied in the #2 spot with LI&S

7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

England, Keep My Bones is my favorite record of his but I don’t think I’ve actually listened to Love, Ire, & Song all the way through. Time to change that.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

EKMB is #1 and LI&S is #2

Oh hell

Why not

EKMB —> LI&S —> TDH —> POTD —> PS4NP —> SIFTW

9. abw123

Trusted

Yeah, Silent Key is the one I like the least.

waking season likes this.
  10. abw123

Trusted

Song For Josh is absolutely heartbreaking

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Swap Positive Songs and Tape Deck and this is probably my ranking

12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m dumb for not having listened to Love, Ire, & Song aside from a few songs before this. Better Half is excellent.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Mine is probably LI&S > SIFTW > EKMB > TDH > PS4NP > POTD

14. abw123

Trusted

Here's my order

Tape Deck Heart
    Love Ire and Song
    England
    Sleep
    Positive Songs
    Poetry of the Deed

15. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Tape Deck Heart
    England Keep My Bones
    Love Ire and Song
    Sleep Is For The Week
    Positive Songs
    Poetry Of The Deed

16. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Excellent record, and great song. To Take You Home might be my favourite of his.

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I almost never listen to Sleep or Poetry, so I don't really feel equipped to do a full ranking. The last two are my favorites, though.

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

From England on is my order, descending

19. abw123

Trusted

Random comment: I love Glory Hallelujah so much. Wish he played that one live more often.

PS - here's another category I'd love to hear people's thoughts on. Best B-Side?

Assuming we define that as "not on the 6 main albums" my 2 favorites, by far, are Nashville Tennessee and We Shall Not Overcome. Those two are unbelievable.

20. emersontheauthor

Regular

One time I went to see Frak Turner with my husband and sister and as he got to the part in We Shall Not Overcome where he says, "What do we waaaaannnttt?" we all yelled "STUFF!" really loud. I don't think he noticed, but it was funny to us.

Maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, that one and "Balthazar, Impresario" are two of my favorite bonus songs.

21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I've been playing Rivers a bunch lately. Might be my favorite FTHC song. The lyrical imagery is so poignant and is a blast to play on guitar.

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Redemption is my favorite Frank Turner song. I love the melancholic vibe and the slow buildup to the bridge.

23. Yikes, Positive Songs For Negative People is pretty easily my favorite of his (I think it's more consistent than anything else he's done) so I'm excited for this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Sleep is easily still brilliant. Poetry hasn't aged well at all. Love Ire still stands above everything.

My ranking is easy:
    Love Ire & Song
    England
    Sleep
    Tape Deck
    Poetry / Positive

25. Brother Beck Jan 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2018)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I can only (sorta) do this if I count all the b-sides from a given album cycle with the album. Mine goes:

1. England Keep My Bones/Tape Deck Heart
    2. Positive Songs For Negative People
    3. Love Ire & Song
    4. Poetry of the Deed
    5. Sleep Is For The Week