Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Ocean Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

you might be right

tho Frank's release schedule is weird to put it mildly (wild would be more accurate), so nothing would surprise me

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

True. Conventional logic goes out the window when we're trying to predict what he'll do lol.

3. beachdude

Bringing more attention to this, because if you still haven't listened to Channel Orange... do so lol.

4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I did and I totally understand the acclaim now

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. beachdude

Woo!! Get on board the hype and/or disappointment train with the rest of us haha... if it's not this time, there's always next July!

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  6. beachdude

Imagine this becomes an annual ritual... Frank hints at a July release and nothing happens.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Plz Frank

8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Good.

I am very excited for new Frank. I'm trying not to set my expectations too high though, especially given Channel Orange is a top five favorite album for me, I want to be able to appreciate it for what it is.

Letterbomb31 and beachdude42 like this.
  9. beachdude

I definitely think/partly expect that this will be quite different. But I'm down for pretty much anything as long as Frank's songwriting and uniqueness is still there.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Didn't he say that he was going to rap more on this album? I remember reading that somewhere.

I would be 100% down for that

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

woooooooo

wonder if he's going to release two versions of the same album, I hear SebastiAn produced a version of it??? Thinking about how their styles would fit together makes me think this is going to be something really cool probably?

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Oh, man. I hope we get a new Frank Ocean album this year. That'd be dope.

Letterbomb31 and beachdude42 like this.
  13. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

It's definitely done and it's definitely coming this month. I'll be sitting at my computer every Thursday night for the next four weeks. Some people on KTT think it's coming tomorrow because it's the four year anniversary from when he came out but I think that's a stretch. I'd say the 15th.

beachdude42 and Contender like this.
  14. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Is it Frank in general or just this album in particular that makes so many people fine with just making endless amounts of incorrect blind speculation? Haha.

15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

have you BEEN in a Brand New thread? incorrect blind speculation is our thing

16. marceting

Trusted

WHAT IS GOING ON

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. beachdude

Supposedly a new album this month... hopefully (maybe).

marceting likes this.
  18. Rico Suave

This was said last year. I'll believe it when I physically see it.

19. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

I think the difference between this year and last year is that he announced a July release in April last year - meaning that there was three months in between for things to go wrong/for him to change his mind. As opposed to this year where he just announced a release window in the same month that we are currently in. That can only mean that it's finished and whatever rollout they have planned is currently happening.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. AndrewSoup

i also need a new Andre 3000 album an unbeliveable amount. he's supposed to have a record coming out this year!!
    i hope the two collaborate again. i actually really hope to hear a collab b/w Frank and Lorde actually, that'd be dope!!

21. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

A new 3 Stacks and Bon Iver album would solidify this as my favorite year of music probably ever.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Horrorca

Trusted

it's been an immense year and shit continues to get released/announced every fucking week - it's insane

I'm willing to bet that we get a new Bon Iver album this year

23. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Lol a new 3000 album

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I'd expect Kanye to follow through on his three albums this year before I'd expect a 3k record

(and I don't expect either to happen)

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. AndrewSoup

LISTEN DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME