Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Ocean Band • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 15, 2016.

1. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Alright what’s the likelihood he actually shows up/we get an album between now and April

Attached Files:

Phantoms likes this.
  2. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I'm feeling optimistic, I'll give it a 65% chance

Phantoms likes this.
  3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I want to go either way, I’d love to hear all the Blonde stuff and singles after

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He'll show up, whether he drops music is a different story

Phantoms and palewhiteboy88 like this.
  5. Back sides of the posters from the recent merch sale tell a narrative that’s as close to an album announcement as we’ll ever get from Frank.

Attached Files:

6. Phantoms

Regular

Very interesting, thanks for sharing this

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

In the summer of 2019, Blonded produced a photo series shot on Thursday, August 8, 2019 by photographer Michael Marcelle. The photo series follows the story of a fictitious Recording Artist as he navigates the radio system.
    In one scene the actor Jeremy Strong plays a Chairman of a major record label. On the walls: a clock, two framed records. The Chairman is flanked by another figure. Both are dressed in suits, wearing ties and are positioned behind a long boardroom table. They are opposite a shadowy figure in the foreground - the Recording Artist - whose subjectivity the viewer is to inhabit. The Recording Artist attempts to explain to the major music label the singles distribution model as opposed to the long-form album model. The Recording Artist believes the latter to be outdated, and that releasing singles is more suited to modern consumption habits where people curate their own playlists which are then shared within private circles. The meeting does not appear to be productive.
    The photo series coincided with the planning of three Blonded live radio events that year. They were held on three Thursday nights towards the end of 2019, in the basement of the Knockdown Center in Queens, New York. On October 19th, 24th and 31st, 2019, doors opened at 10PM. A custom nightclub with vintage lighting fixtures was installed for the duration of each party.
    On the first night, Bouffant Bouffant played at 10:15pm, followed by Justice at midnight, Sango at 1:15AM and Sherelle at 2:30AM. Leeon, Arca, Papa Juice, Shyboi, Joey LaBeija, Last Japan, and DJ Heather played sets on subsequent nights. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, these events were intended to grow from small club events to larger raves across the world.
    The Recording Artist has since changed his mind about the singles model, and is again interested in more durational bodies of work.

Text version

8. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Was worried til that last sentence

[​IMG]

9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Cryptic & cool, as expected.

10. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

I know it’s not owed to us, but it’s nice to finally have some communication about where he’s been/some sort of disclosure explaining the last few years

Onlyadirector and FrankieThe4th like this.
  11. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Slight update/rumor — take it with a grain of salt obviously

A guy on Instagram who owns a bunch of BMWs (@paypa_boy) has apparently been in contact with Frank's team for an album cover shoot + Coachella appearance of his M3. Decided to post about it for clout like an idiot. Deleted it shortly afterwards.
    IMG_6650.jpg

Reddit thread with more info:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FrankOcean...ndroidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

12. CobraKidJon

Frank if you reading this don’t cancel Coachella because someone leaked your stuff pls

13. PauLo

43% Burnt

surejan.gif

Phantoms and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I wish Nostalgia, Ultra was on Spotify

15. CobraKidJon

Can’t believe this is actually happening

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

..... Hopefully

17. Idk. Color doesn’t look exactly right for it to be Frank’s personal Orange E30. Rims look different too. Might be that Paypa Boy dude that’s been claiming he’s providing one for some promotional shoots (mentioned above).

18. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

I’m going into this 99% cautious 1% optimistic

19. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

20. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

That lines up with the timeline of what that guy posted. Hmm

21. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

I could see weekend 1 being a Nostalgia Ultra set and weekend 2 being a Blonde set

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

No artists ever change their sets that drastically between weekends. Normally only a couple songs tops

23. CobraKidJon

can’t wait to have a nostalgia ultra remastered without American wedding

Phantoms likes this.
  24. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Maybe the pandemic lead The Eagles’ to realize the fragility of life/they awakened from their self-important slumber and on top of becoming Frank fans/giving him rights to sample the song/have generously offered to accompany him on the Coachella main stage

25. CobraKidJon

So excited