Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Ocean Band • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

And seasons of insecure haha

2. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Holy shit. Frank’s little brother Ryan passed away in a car crash this morning

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That’s terrible. My thoughts are with him, and his family

palewhiteboy88 likes this.
  4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

That's absolutely horrible news.

5. Serenity Now

Wow. So sad. Hope they find a way through.

6. cherrywaves

Trusted

Jesus christ :(

7. I just talked to him last week. This is heartbreaking.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh man... I can't imagine how hard that is. Feel absolutely horrible for him

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He does the interviews at the end of Futura Free, Ryan was a huge part of the Frank story even outside of his personal life. So fucking devastating for so many reasons

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

[​IMG]

Serenity Now, beachdude and Cameron like this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I hope he’s doing well. Good post tho

12. Serenity Now

Still mourning the album we never got...this track is infectious

0ADF1EF5-71AA-4303-83BB-500C92549AA9.png

13. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

2021's our year

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I really feel like he was planning something special around Coachella since it was his only tour date. Not really expecting an album until whenever that can happen.

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm sure the tragic death of his younger brother really set things back too. I just want him to take as long as he wants and get in a good place before coming back to the spotlight

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh I never heard that. That’s so sad.

17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

18. The Little Demon 7" was cancelled earlier this year, but it's replacement has officially been scrapped as well. Refunds are being issued.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Was the replacement a whole different song?

20. Yea, that was the plan. It’s called “These Days.”

I’d bet we’ll get it eventually. This just isn’t the year.

21. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Bummer but I guess it makes sense. I wonder if they’ll still ship the in my room 7”

22. Yep. The rest of these order is being shipped next week. For most that includes "In My Room" as well as the poster.

23. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Those twitter comments implying the 7"s were always meant to be a grift are atrocious.

Obviously the pandemic fucked with the album rollout he had planned, but Frank really doesn't owe anyone a goddamn thing after losing one of his closest loved ones. He could never drop any music or make a public appearance again and he'd be 1000% justified.

24. cherrywaves

Trusted

He certainly doesn’t owe anyone anything. Although I think I’d be a bit annoyed if I preordered a 7” record in February, with him having plenty of time to put it together and send them out, and then cancel it nearly a year later. Most importantly I hope he’s doing ok.

25. To be fair, it was announced in February that "Little Demon" would be replaced. That replacement was recorded and pressed (and in at least two accidental cases, delivered and then recovered by the blonded team). Seems Frank didn't want the new song he recorded prior to his brother's passing to be released right now. I think we can probably speculate why that is, but I think it's justified any way you slice it.

beachdude and FrankieThe4th like this.