Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Ocean Releases ‘Endless’ Visual Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 18, 2016.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

yeah, calm down and just download offline. it's not that hard.

anyway, I like the visual album. played it on my TV this morning while I was getting ready for work and it was great to have in the background. hopefully we get Boys Don't Cry this weekend.

2. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

For those trying to make sense of this visual album.. The theory I read that made the most sense to me was the vid symbolizes the first album he intended releasing last year but scrapped. (Building a staircase, walking up it, down it and away) (him finalizing the project last year, not being satisfied with it in its entirety). These songs were likely b-sides/songs he still wanted heard

coleslawed and beachdude42 like this.
  3. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Apple Music and Spotify both have the option to save songs to your phone. No data usage required. Whenever an album comes out that I know I'll be listening to a lot, I got that "save to phone" button, and get the whole thing instantly.

4. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

in general here you seem to have a very loose understand of how streaming services actually work -- either that, or you're making an illogical comparison of a streaming service to an older method of listening to music (purchasing CDs or listening via iPod).

all streaming services allow you to download music to your phone for offline listening, which requires no data usage if you download over Wi-Fi. you can download as much as you want, as long as your phone has space. if your phone is only 16GB and you can't fit all the music you want, you should buy a phone with more storage space. the same restraint applies to your car only being able to hold as many CDs as will fit in it, or your iPod only being able to hold however many songs will fit in its storage.

that feature should make streaming via data connection pretty much completely unnecessary. if you want to listen to a song you haven't downloaded, ask yourself how you would have listened to that song in the past -- if you didn't have it on a CD, or if you hadn't added it to your iPod. is the problem the streaming service, or does the problem relate to a quasi-unrealistic wish to be able to listen to any song ever released on demand? you can do the latter (more or less), which is kinda phenomenal when you think about it -- it'll just cost you like 5 megabytes of your data plan to download or stream it.

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Ugh I deleted Apple Music after Chance hit Spotify

6. Muzick

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Just going to stop talking. Didn't know that was possible to do. Glad everyone had a good laugh.

8. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I don't think anyone's laughing at ya. Just trying to help out. :)

FTank likes this.
  9. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I've read like three articles about this and I still don't know wtf a "visual album" is whoops.

Dan O'Neill likes this.