Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Ocean - Blonde LP and Endless visual LP (August 19, 2016) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Aug 1, 2016.

1. I just listened to "thinking bout you" and "novocaine." Not bad! Kinda reminds me of Gallant, who I like a lot, so I'm definitely gonna listen to more Frank shit.

beachdude42 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

ryan i was abt to say you were a saint but then you changed the thread title again and it's not as good anymore

3. algae

Regular Prestigious

I mean fans have a right to be disappointed that the album is not here yet but directing that anger towards Frank Ocean is definitely inappropriate. If anything the NY Times or Apple should be the subject of that anger

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i didnt wanna be overly antagonistic

5. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

St. Nate and OhTheWater like this.
  6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

now is not the time to reform your public persona

7. fixius

Regular Supporter

It almost feels as if the New York Times just assumed the stream would be leading to a release this Friday. It just seems like such a swing and a miss, because everybody else piggybacked off of that report.

That would be horrible journalism, and surely isn't the case, but I'm curious as to what led to that report.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i cause too many problems in the politics thread to start it up elsewhere too these days

9. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

so then do we just assume the stream was for nothing?

10. Horrorca

Trusted

to piss us off

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Caribbean Queen and Get Out Of My Dreams Get Into My Car

12. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

im more confused than anything, but i imagine almost everyone is

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Franky got me antagonistic in other threads too

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I'm sure this is part of the rollout, because Apple Music IS still hosting the livestream... while I think they are making it more annoying and drawn out than it needs to be, it's definitely getting people curious that may not care otherwise. Channel Orange is currently #15 on Apple Music's album charts. They have a plan imo... I am curious how the NYTimes got the date wrong, but I do think it's still soon with the whole livestream going on.

15. The fact that he already has a deal in place on how the record will be (in all likelihood exclusively) distributed, and that it's been publicly advertised as such, makes me think that the album is definitely done and should be released very soon. Apple has most likely already hit Frank with the exclusivity check, and they'll want to see a return on that soon.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Agreed 100%. This is all part of the rollout.

17. Horrorca

Trusted

annoying AF

18. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Imgur Image

If you ask Apple staff they say this (I didn't believe any of the Apple live chat posts, so I did it myself). I'm more inclined to believe the album was going to come out yesterday but because NYT spoiled the surprise.. Frank said "nope". Kind of laughable to hold this position granted the roll out/history thus far.. But I really think it's coming this week

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuckin FRANKIE.

20. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Apple believing the album was coming yesterday (if that's not a BS screen grab or anything) makes me highly doubt we're gonna have to wait until November

21. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

That's probably the first date of a tour.

22. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Swear on my life it's legit

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Someone just posted a leaked track on one of my friends Facebook walls. Would link, but on mobile

24. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Is it just a snippet? If so that's been out for 7 months

25. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

What's to say NYTimes article wasn't part of the roll out too. I know it's fun/frustrating to speculate but if you're gonna speculate a little, anything is possible in terms of marketing and roll out, just as many people have said: There's been no official announcement so maybe IT'S ALL PART OF THE PLAN, MAN.