Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Ocean - Blonde LP and Endless visual LP (August 19, 2016) Album • Page 86

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Aug 1, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

never trust the internet

2. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

It was virtual, made no sense.... you know, virtual thing

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

We should have known Frank releasing music was too good to be true

Justin Roux and beachdude like this.
  4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Feel like I never really fully appreciated "Skyline To" before, but lately it's really grown on me

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Some days I feel like it’s my favorite track on the record

beachdude likes this.
  6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

It took forever to grow on me but I def put it among my fav tracks now

teebs41 and beachdude like this.
  7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

8. PauLo

43% Burnt

Damn.

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Boys don’t cry back up on his web store

Weird because I’ve lusted after it for so long now I’m hesitating on dropping $80 on it

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

I mean you could definitely flip it for a lot more than $80 down the road, but same

11. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

i got the poster lol

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've been listening to Blonde so much the last couple weeks and now I just feel like I'm being taunted. I really shouldn't spend the money right now, but will I?

Justin Roux likes this.
  13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Fuck, you convinced me and it sold out :(

14. Favorite meme. The two I posted a while ago still make me laugh.

15. Trick Room

Trick Room!

Idk if it's okay to post song download links on here, but just search "frank ocean endless album download reddit" and click the first link, and you can listen to the entire album as an mp3. Also the songs are cut into individual pieces, so you don't have to listen to the whole thing.

I really loved the album honestly. "Rushes" is my favorite song, god I have so many memories with that song.

16. Trick Room

Trick Room!

Sameeeee, the interlude is so beautiful man. AND I LOVE the fact that he had Kendrick Lamar featured on the track just to do those little sound effects lolol Frank doesn't need any help

cherrywaves likes this.
  17. Trick Room

Trick Room!

Idk about you guys, but when I first heard Blonde, I was kind of disappointed.

I liked a few songs, like Pink + White and Nights, but it seemed pretty slow as compared to Channel Orange.
    But once I started playing through the album over and over again, I started to really feel the magic. It's so incredible how he does so much with so little. Nothing is ever overdone or overused, it's just so god damn masterful.

I actually produce music myself, and I never realized how difficult that actually was until I started making music.
    You have to resist the temptation of throwing more on there to make it sound good, and instead focus on making the few sounds you have really really good.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

is this Kendrick thing true? I've never heard of it til now

19. Trick Room

Trick Room!

Yep! On the album credits, Kendrick is listed on that song. I had no idea, and I listened to it a ton of times.

I found out that he's the person saying "Smoke" and "Haze" throughout the song and occasionally harmonizing with Frank LOL. Literally could have been anyone.

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Blonde is the definition of a grower album imo. Pretty much everyone I know was taken aback or slightly disappointed the first time they had heard it until it became incredible on second or third listen-through. Probably because it's so different from his prior work

You probably already know this too but it's also Beyonce doing the backing vocals on Pink + White. Love how he put literally two of the biggest stars in music in such small roles

21. Trick Room

Trick Room!

Wow didn't realize it was such a common experience. I think you're definitely right that it's due to how different it sounded compared to Channel Orange, and at first, I was like nooo I wanted more Channel Orange vibes.

But after listening to it again and again, I came to love every song individually, like for a week it was "Ivy", then it was "Godspeed" (favorite song), then "Skyline To", etc. I even started to like the outro song, which I didn't like at first due to the really harsh interview audio throughout.

Yeah I did know that about Pink + White, he's crazy bold haha. I'm sure Beyonce was like wtf? That's all you want?

I think Blonde is a work of art, which can be rare these days. A lot of artists at his level get obsessed with impressing everyone and living up to people's expectations, so it becomes more about the people pleasing and less about the art itself. That's why I really respect the way he avoids the press and social media.
    He's solely concerned with his work, and that's all he wants people to see.

22. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yeah, the first couple listens I was like “oh, this is it?” I actually didn’t listen to it for a few months after it came out and then came back to it in the winter that same year and it clicked almost immediately.

23. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

first time i listened to blonde i thought it felt like what listening to dark side of the moon for the first time when it was released must of felt like lol

magnificent and majestic in every way

24. username

hey you lil piss baby

beachdude and incognitojones like this.
  25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That was a great interview. He seems like such a cool dude.