Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Ocean - Blonde LP and Endless visual LP (August 19, 2016) Album • Page 81

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Hahahaha same and I'm seeing her in a couple of months in London where Frank spends alot of his time so started formulating possibilities in a split second.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

endless cdq is out there

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Endless CDQ is fire

4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

At this point I kind of just want to wait for my record to show up. Excited that it comes with a lyric sheet this time around.

beachdude42 and arewhyayein like this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So Spotify soon!?

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

My DVD/CD came today and holy fuck, CDQ Endless is basically like another album. It's fucking incredible

How the hell did he sit on this for almost two years before releasing it

7. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

JamesMichael and beachdude42 like this.
  8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

9. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Onlyadirector likes this.
  10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Blonde might be one of my favorite albums. I can’t believe he exceeded all hype.

incognitojones likes this.
  11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I’m listening to “Pretty Sweet” on Spotify and the arrangement seems very different. Am I crazy?

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Sounds the same to me.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  13. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

There are two versions - one with Frank's intro vocals, one without. The one w/o vocals was on the physical copy that came with the BDC magazine and was the opening track on that version's preliminary track-listing (which also included Mitsubishi Sony from Endless and an unreleased song called Easy).

EDIT: obligatory "He got two versions..."

oncenowagain and Matt Chylak like this.
  14. RyanRyan

The awkward moment I only just listened to Blonde. Stunning. My girlfriend mentioned the magazine and I’m all ‘ooooh, I’ll see if I can source it for your birthday.’

I opened eBay, winced at the 750 dollar listings, then heavily sighed.

15. FrankieThe4th

It's not the same, but the whole thing is online in pdf form. Probably significantly cheaper than $750 to get the pdf printed in decent quality.

RyanRyan likes this.
  16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Every time this thread gets bumped my heart skips a beat.

Also if anyone knows of anywhere on the net that has a DL of the zine version of blonde with pretty sweet at the beginning and Mitsubishi as the closer please let me know, I’ve been super curious to hear that version of the album.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

That is listed in the magazine but it isn’t actually like that on the disc

18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Ok that’s a relief, I thought there was a different version of the album floating around that I hadn’t heard.

I’d kill for a copy of that zine, but I can’t complain since I’ve been fortunate with the vinyl.

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I ordered the vinyl + cd for Blonde and they accidentally included the zine for free B-)

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

That's awesome! My biggest regret from the first black friday is not buying two copies of blonde. I am in constant fear of something happening to my copy. I just moved apartments and Blonde literally rode in the front seat with me during the move lol.

I wonder what he's gonna do this year. He technically owns all of his masters so I'd like to think channel Orange is not completely out of play but I know it's wishful thinking. I'd also be cool with a singles collection with all of the blonded RADIO tracks.

21. FrankieThe4th

The physical version that came with the magazine does have a couple minor differences - no intro vocals on Pretty Sweet and there's a verse by KOHH added to the end of Nikes.

22. RyanRyan

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  23. Horrorca

Trusted

has anyone heard the vinyl bootleg that’s doing the rounds on Discogs?

24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Can’t speak to the blonde / endless bootlegs but my nostalgia, ultra bootleg sounds surprisingly good.

25. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Man, I hope he does a repress or Blonde one day. Totally missed out on the first time.