Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Francis and the Lights - Just For Us (December 29, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 28, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Aaron Mook and Contender like this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i hated the first, maybe this one will be better?

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Cool!

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Francis coming on stage during Bon Iver’s set at Coachella was a highlight for music this year

irthesteve likes this.
  5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I fucking love this guy. Can’t wait!

6. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I’m here!

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's out btw

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. zmtr

Trusted

Not seeing it on Spotify

10. zmtr

Trusted

Justin Vernon is on "Just For Us". The preview alone sounds great.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

it's up now

12. Hell yeah, love Farewell, Starlite! Not a fan of the artwork but the runtime is short and sweet. I'm sure this will be a fun one.

13. zmtr

Trusted

Ok this is pretty rad

14. Yeah this is great, "Cruise" is such a smooth closer. Feel like this one's going to have lots of replay value once the weather warms up

zmtr likes this.
  15. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

According to my girlfriend, they’ve been using part of “Morning” as the opening credits to Keeping Up With The Kardashians this year.

So there’s that.

zmtr and Aaron Mook like this.
  16. zmtr

Trusted

Hoping he's at EXC yet again because his music just fits a festival setting so well. Especially mid summer.

17. zmtr

Trusted

This is fucking great. By the far the best things he's put out. "Just For Us" slaps.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ooohhhh what

19. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I like this, although it feels a little slight.

It’ll Be Better is still the standard to which I hold his stuff; that album never gets old.

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

initial listen is not as upbeat as the last, but still a solid listen

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah this album is fine, but nothing comes into focus really. The melodies are just out of reach, and theres no sense of immediacy in like any of the songs. Its also too short. But I enjoy it. Scream so Loud, Cruise, Just for Us, and the ending of Never Back are the highlights on this for me.

22. I think this one's gonna have a lot of replay value but that could just be my fondness for short records

23. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Yeah, since Sunday, this has actually grown on me a ton. It’s such an easy listen.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. GBlades

Trusted

I've played this album a few times and as much as I like the album, it's not hitting me the way I thought it would. Farewell, Starlite had so many songs that I would just get up and dance to but Just For Us has not had that effect on me and I think that's why i'm kinda disappointed.

Maybe I need to play it some more and I know that this isn't what the band is always about but I had hyped up for another absolutely fantastic record and I'm not sure that's what was delivered.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I didn’t care for Farewell, Starlite. Thought this was a major step up and a very easy listen considering its short length.