Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Francis and the Lights - Farewell, Starlite! (September 24, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Sep 9, 2016.

1. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I've always thought he sounded like Bon Iver vocally. Except I called it Diet Bon Iver instead of lite. I don't think it's even an insulting comparison of the two

cwhit likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

also true!

3. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Wait, can someone clarify? Isn't Justin singing those lead vocals on Friends though? I mean, all the other vocals on the album do not sound like Justin to me at all. But Friends... I mean, it definitely sounds like Justin there.

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure I read it was Francis but I could be very wrong

5. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

For what it's worth, the only thing I can find is Genius saying it's Justin on the first verse and Francis on the chorus. Francis put in verified commentary on the lyrics so I assume that's what it is then.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Friends starts with Justin, for sure

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Haha okay good that makes more sense

8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Really liked this on first listen. I definitely hear the Phil Collins comparison in the vocals

Aaron Mook and ChiliTacos like this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Idk after 2 listens I really like this. The production on Comeback is great.

10. Can't believe I waited until last night to listen to this, I'm in love with it. A lot of the music reminds me more of The 1975 or even M83 than Bon Iver, actually. Will have to read through this thread later for reactions.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Listened to this last night, this is really cool, but the songs are a tad inconsistent. At certain points I laugh because of how ridiculous the music is, but it works. There's potential for this dude going forward, and I see what everyone sees in him.

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Wish I liked the rest of this as much as Friends and the opener. It's all pretty good but I think those songs are so much better than the rest of the album.

Barresi and Joel like this.
  13. sawhney[rusted]2

I think he has the potential to be much better. It's as if he can't decide if he wants to be a fun pop star or a more serious electronic based pop artist. It's weird.

14. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"Potential"

Like he hasn't already made It'll Be Better.

This is my fucking Waterloo.

Gjpeace likes this.
  15. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah, but It'll be better sounds like a complete different artist to me. I think he has potential within this style

16. irthesteve

17. irthesteve

May I Have This Dance (Remix) with Chance the Rapper is out now on TIDAL, video coming tomorrow

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

19. zmtr

Trusted

video is so tight

20. irthesteve

Love it

21. zmtr

Trusted

He REALLY sounds like Collins on that one

aaaand video removed

smowashere likes this.
  22. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Love that it's a sequel to "Friends."

23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

1. So fucking excited to see him Friday, even in the rain.

2. The correct recipe of what his voice sounds like is part Peter Gabriel, part Steve Winwood. You can trust me, as I have a phd in 80s-ology.

Matt Chylak and irthesteve like this.
  24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Chance is taking the Kanye worship a little far when he starts recreating music video poses.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Aaron Mook likes this.