Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxy Shazam - Burn (December 11, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Oct 16, 2020.

1. halby

It’s their drummer- Teddy.

beachdude and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Amazing

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Did they release Dreamscape 2020 as a single and if not, why not? Those are classic Foxy harms

4. mattylikesfilms Dec 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2020)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just gave Burn a full listen and while it’s better than Gonzo (an incredibly low bar) - it’s very underwhelming. I can’t quite put my finger on it but these tracks sound like demos? Or at least half baked? It lacks the energy I’ve come to expect from Foxy either way.

I’m sure they’ve self funded the recording of this album but going from the production on their S/T to this is a huge drop. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but there really wasn’t anything that grabbed me.

mmhmm and Allhailburnzy like this.
  5. irthesteve

sounds like the poor production is what's buggin you, and i totally get that. makes it harder to enjoy

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, I think that’s the root of the issue for me. The songs don’t feel powerful like they have in the past. Still happy that the band is back even if it ain’t for me.

7. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I get the issues people have with the self-produced sound but I don't think it takes away from the quality of the songs :shrug:

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'm kinda feeling this tbh, at the very least they sound energized

clockwise likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Dreamscape 2020 is supposed to end like that, right?

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Dreamscape 202 and Into The Wild both end with a weird volume thing, I don't know why

11. sukottokairu

Regular

i think they are going for the weird jarring effect haha.

this album has grown on me a lot! give it a few extra listens if you're on the fence. it's really good! i do think it could have been even better if they went for the production style of the self titled album, but i understand that isn't always possible haha.

their wiki mentions that Loren left the band after the video for dreamer was recorded. sad :(

beachdude likes this.
  12. abw123

Trusted

This is waaaaayyyy better than Gonzo and exceeds my expectations. The rap song and the other one that Eric doesn't sing are weird and don't fit - the rest of the album is pretty damn good. The catchy hooks are back. Is it as good as Self-Titled? It is not. But I am overall pleased with this.

I also read an article that says they are already working on the next album

Hoping to see a Foxy show at some point in 2021.

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  13. irthesteve

@abw123 give the rap one another shot! It's shocking at first, no doubt, but I think it actually fits really well in the overall scheme of things

beachdude likes this.
  14. clockwise

To me, it feels like the element that this band had been missing. And I really like how it was incorporated.

15. abw123

Trusted

To me it’s not Foxy with some other dude singing. I’m not scared of a little rap - but it’s pretty jarring

16. abw123

Trusted

Love the horns in this album. Missed that sound so much.

17. clockwise

I'm still listening to this every day.

18. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Late reply but this issue is really significant for me as well. If you had never heard any other Foxy records before this one you'd probably not notice it but dang, at this point in time with the production technology out now, there's no excuse for these recordings to sounds like demos. And that's what they sound like. The mix completely removes the energy from the songs, and it's quieter than it should be too...such a bummer that it distracts from the final product.

Send this album off for a decent remix/remaster. Sorry Foxy. I still love you.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  19. irthesteve

20. abw123

Trusted

Is this Nally on vox? I can’t quite tell

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just like Burn, this is super underwhelming.

22. irthesteve

I don't really know what the new song is honestly, feels like some bootleg thing tbh. I haven't seen the band post anything on socials either

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

There's a music video for it, it's a Bob Dylan cover.

24. irthesteve

very strange

25. clockwise

It's a little voice memo cover, not like a big thing.