Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Joe Feb 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2017)
    Exclusive: Simon Kinberg in Talks to Write and Direct the Next ‘X-Men’ Movie

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That's not exactly exciting, or putting my mind at ease.

3. Davjs

Trusted

Simon seems to be so hit or miss with the projects he's involved in. He's done some amazing stuff, some in the middle and then some terrible things. I remember the feeling I got at the end of Apocalypse though with the younger mutants all in 90s get up, so I'm actually down for this since that's what I wanted in the first place.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

5. Davjs

Trusted

6. Tim

The last I knew, they do plan on having this set in their film universe even though Legion isn't. Though, with how weird their continuity is, things can probably still change.

7. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, after I asked I thought "when has continuity ever mattered?" It can fully connect, loosely or not at all and just feature her character lol. I did love what limited screen time she had in DOFP, her character stood out for sure so that's good news.

8. Tim

Her power was one of the coolest onscreen powers I've seen. If they do the same portal version in the show and can pull off those visuals, her inclusion alone is enough to make me hyped for this series.

[​IMG]

Joe, coleslawed, Nick and 1 other person like this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I'm genuinely fucking baffled they're going to do a dark phoenix film and let the writer of the last dark phoenix film direct it.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  11. Tim

2006: Singer made 2 films, one adequate and one great. He planted seeds for Phoenix, then jumped ship. Simon Kinsberg wrong a movie bringing the Phoenix to fruition. It sucked.

2017: Franchise got retconned. Singer made 2 films, one really good and one bad. He planted seeds for Phoenix, then jumped ship. Simon Kinsberg is writing the film that will bring the Phoenix to fruition AND directing it.

Are we in a time loop?

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

In 2028, we'll see if you have the same post.

coleslawed and Tim like this.
  13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Like is no one at Fox going "wait a minute, this might not be a good idea"?????!!!????

coleslawed and Tim like this.
  14. Tim

He helped write Last Stand, DOFP, Fant4stic, and Apocalypse. 3 of those 4 are generally viewed as failures. And, their most recent successes have been when a creative voice was able to create his own vision w/out much Kinsberg meddling.

But, like. Kinsberg is a white dude. So, why not let him try again, y'know? lol.

Nick likes this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

His dad was also a producer, clearly he is the best man for the job.

Letterbomb31 and Tim like this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah, I love nepotism.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and coleslawed like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Patrick Stewart Says He's Retiring From 'X-Men' Franchise: 'I'm Done'

Joe, coleslawed, Davjs and 2 others like this.
  18. Supposedly David Harbour is being eyed to possibly play Cable.

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Stephen Lang would have been perfect, I still hope that happens.

20. Tim

I don't see them going that old for Cable's first appearance when they've just lost Hugh Jackman. They're gonna want a little longevity.

21. Davjs

Trusted

Wasn't Pierce Brosnan in the running for Cable and taking a bunch of pictures with Reynolds and Jackman?

22. Tim

That Mystery X-MEN Family TV Drama Has Revealed Its Title
    Blair Redford To Play Thunderbird In X-MEN Family Drama GIFTED

The X-Men television series at Fox (set in the movie universe) seems to be called "Gifted."

One of the two kids on the run is apparently Polaris (except seemingly not Magneto's daughter in this continuity, unless that's a future plot twist). It was previously revealed that Blink is in this, and now we know that the underground mutant network's leader is a version of Thunderbird. Some new version of Sentinels (probably one cheaper to produce 'cause television) will be in it. And, if you missed it, the pilot will be directed by Bryan Singer.

We were never going to get a straightforward X-Men series, but it's super exciting that we're getting one that will seemingly feel a whole lot like the X-Men and have a lot of familiar faces (albeit reimagined, as adaptions do). I'm down. Hope it's good.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Josh Brolin? Thanos Josh Brolin?

RyanPm40 and coleslawed like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That's something