Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

From kotaku:

Fox’s X-Men universe is in trouble and Fox knows it. Its bona fide star, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, is done after Logan. The last X-Men movie made much less than the one before it. And Deadpool just lost its director.

Add to that Gambit’s stalled production and it all adds up to Fox’s only successful superhero universe—as opposed to every time it’s tried to make a Fantastic Four movie—running out of steam. According to a story by The Hollywood Reporter, Fox’s plan to keep it going is to speed up production and just keep soldiering on:

Elsewhere, the reset button has been pressed. Sources say the flagship series will be reconfigured, with Simon Kinberg, overseer of the franchise as producer and writer, working on a new script. Singer, who directed four X-Men movies, will not be returning, according to insiders, but the script is being written with Lawrence, Fassbender and McAvoy optimistically in mind.

While it’s being called a “reset,” Kinberg (who wrote Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, and Fantastic Four) has been in the producer’s seat since First Class.

But there are real reasons to start over. Losing Singer, who’s regarded as the vision behind this series, is going to be a problem. And it’s a dangerous proposition to think Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, and James McAvoy will return. All three seemed like they were done and, apparently, they promised each other that all would return or none of them would. It’s going to cost Fox a giant pile of money to get them back.

The real shot at rebooting the franchise sounds like it’s going to be focusing on a whole new group of characters entirely, according to the Hollywood Reporter:

One of Fox’s best hopes may be The New Mutants, a spinoff featuring superpowered teens with some overlap with the flagship X-Men. According to sources, director Josh Boone (The Fault in Our Stars) could even begin rolling cameras by spring.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/fox-is-scrambling-to-reboot-their-x-men-franchise-repo-1788753787

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Sounds like a version of what I've been suggesting, though I really hope that they just commit to present day, abandon Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, and not worry about any prior continuity from this moment forward. I'd also like a total recasting (outside of Deadpool, of course) to further separate this from the Singer-verse, but Fassbender and McAvoy are good enough actors that I wouldn't be mad to see them return. Granted, who knows if Fassbender even wants to return?

Kingjohn_654 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Why are you not in charge?!

Tim likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

Luckily they can continue Deadpool just fine because they did not introduce a single X-men from the films, so it'd be easy enough to say it exists in this new reboot verse or just leave it in it's own thing.

It's pretty exciting since X-men are my favorites and I think it could be done better, even though I have to say I wouldn't mind the current run continuing for a few reasons:
    -McAvoy and Fassbender....good lord are they amazing.
    - Having 16 years of history with these characters are great, even if that history is muddled as all hell
    - The ending of the last one got me so pumped! Their suits :-)

Raku likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

liar

[​IMG]

6. Davjs

Trusted

haha I mean that's true and made me laugh, so thank you! Didn't he call him Jackman though and not Wolverine? I know he also name dropped Stewart and Macovy but I think that's part of the 4th wall breaking and they could still get away with it. Esp since Colossus was a totally different actor, they'd just need to keep him in the X-Men films if they wanted to use his character.

Raku likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

Either way, a reboot is welcomed but I want them to either do it all the way or not at all. If they reboot it, I don't want to keep any old cast members and keep the timeline confusing. If they were to end it and reboot, the last film being Logan is very fitting and we have a nice 16 years of movies.

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I honestly don't even want the same characters. Go fresh.

Raku likes this.
  9. Davjs Nov 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2016)
    Davjs

Trusted

That's what I meant, if they reboot it I want all new characters. It'd only keep the timeline confusing to do otherwise.

Raku likes this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Can Deadpool just be the reboot? We only saw two x men in that movie and they were the most entertaining part. They should build on that!

Raku, coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

Yeeeeee. I agree. Bring in the New Mutants!

Raku likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Joe and coleslawed like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Just as superhero fans were hunkering down for the Thanksgiving holiday, Fox announced the release dates for two mystery Marvel movies.

The first project will hit theaters on Nov. 2, 2018, with the second expected to land on Feb. 14, 2019.

14. Tim

LOOK: New Mutants Storyboard Reveals Potential Villain

I highly doubt that Demon Bear would be the actual antagonist (maybe they could combine that with some Magik in Limbo stuff), but if the final film does include Demon Bear, it'll be worth the price of admission just for that!

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. Tim

Josh Boone Pitched a New Mutants Trilogy

Seems to confirm Demon Bear in some capacity, plus 2018 release, though technically not 100% confirmed. It's awesome seeing that Josh Boone is a lifelong New Mutants fan, which is VERY promising, and also nice that there are a couple more films worth of story (all heavily inspired by the source material) ready if the first film works.

New Mutants is quickly climbing way up my most anticipated comic book films. Might actually be just below Black Panther, tbh, though there's plenty of time for my excitement to become concern, lol.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Fox is still planning on doing that Gambit movie at some point it seems.

Tim likes this.
  19. Tim

Good. It could still be a really fun movie if done right. I'm glad it's been repeatedly delayed instead of cobbled together haphazardly and rushed out.

Hopefully Legion and Logan are able to give me more confidence in Fox's future! Both look great.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gonna have a 50yo Gambit at this rate lol

Raku likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Davjs likes this.
  22. Tim

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

24. Tim

Yeah, the rumored title (which still hasn't gotten any official confirmation) is "X-Men: Supernova," which probably means Dark Phoenix take 2. We really don't have any confirmations on who's gonna be in it or anything, though. Sophie Turner saying that she's shooting an X-Men film this summer is all we have.

All I can think of is that maybe they want Logan to come out before an official announcement for this movie drops, in the hopes that it and Legion establish enough good will for people to forget that this is an Apocalypse sequel.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

let's be real, they'll forget it's an Apocalypse sequel, too.

Raku, neo506 and Tim like this.