Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He's a good actor. Too young to be Reed tho.

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

He was great in Whiplash. That's all I've seen with him

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely think either would be a nice change of pace. Excited for this final Wolverine movie though.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

There was a rumor going around that Onslaught might be the cause of the OML story they are going with. I'd be okay with that.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Singer wants space and aliens in the next one

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Wolverine 3 is going to have a $127 million budget. It's more than The Wolverine. Not that any of that means anything to us.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sure, why not

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So much for not rushing it.

Fox says the script for Deadpool 2 is just about finished and will start shooting early next year.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

ChaseTx likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Soon as in 2018. lol

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

What are some FF villains you guys would like to see in the movie other than Doom? Asking for a post I'm drafting up as I read some of the old comics. Currently reading The Trial of Galactus and I feel he would be a good one to run with for one movie.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jul 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

Tim likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

“We did see an early draft of Hellfire and there was a lot of work to be done,” she told Slashfilm at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “Manny and Evan were getting very busy with the new 24. At a certain point we all regrouped, together with Simon Kinberg and Bryan Singer and Lauren Shuler Donner and Jeph Loeb at Marvel and really made a decision. I would say if there was anything about 'Hellfire' that was not ideal for us, it felt like a show that wanted to live as a feature rather than really taking advantage of what television does best: exploring relationships and characters and smaller moments. It doesn’t mean it can’t feel like a big show but 'Hellfire' felt more like another installment of the features.”

The network replaced "Hellfire" with another, still untitled X-Men project from "Burn Notice" creatorMatt Nix that indeed focuses on characters and relationships. It centers on two ordinary parents who discovery their children have mutant powers, and must go on the run from the government.

“There will be some iconic characters but mostly this is about a new family,” Walden told the website.

"We haven't really been able to tell everybody what the whole story is," Loeb, Marvel's head of television, teased to IGN. "They'll be able to see it, and when they do, it'll be really clear why those characters were chosen, where they are going, and what's going to happen."

The project, which received a put-pilot commitment from Fox, could air as early as fall 2017.

17. Tim

As a fan of Jessica Jones, Agents of SHIELD, and Daredevil (though I never finished S2, come to think of it) who would only use the word "good" for 3 Marvel films Fox has done (I think Elektra might actually be in their top 5, lol) and who thinks Legion looks great, I'm so very happy that mutants are coming to television.

The Hellfire show could have been cool if it had focused on a post-First Class Emma Frost written better and played by someone different. When done right, she's a great character. I'm definitely curious as to what this new show is, though.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kyle Chandler and Mackenzie Davis are the current favorites to play Cable and Domino.

[​IMG]

Liz likes this.
  19. Love Kyle Chandler, so I'm on board with that possibility.

anonimito likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Fantastic four could have been so interesting.

Last year's "Fantastic Four" left a sour taste in most fans' mouths. It's muddied story, grim tone and bland action seemed starkly out of place in what often is one of Marvel's more lighthearted comic book titles. Part of this was most likely due to the countless script revisions undertaken during the film's production, as evidenced by recounts from multiple sources. Jeremy Slater("Death Note," "The Lazarus Effect") the first screenwriter hired to pen "Fantastic Four," recently opened up to Screen Crush about his original draft of the movie. This first script included a much larger scope and even some additional iconic villains.

According to Slater, the Fantastic Four would have come across Annihilus, Marvel's original ruler of the Negative Zone -- a locale that was renamed "Planet Zero" in the final film. The writer described his version of Annihilus as a "pissed-off cybernetic T-Rex" that would seemingly killVictor von Doom during the heroes' first journey to the new dimension. Reed Richards and his crew would then get blasted with radiation on their return home, giving them their famous powers.

Doom would eventually return from the Negative Zone, "having killed Annihilus and reshaped his Control Rod into a sort of living body armor," notes Slater in the interview.

As is widely rumored, Slater's take on the franchise would have included “lots of humor, lots of heart, lots of spectacle,” as opposed to Josh Trank's final, darker draft. The final act would also have also packed in Mole Man, a 60-foot genetically-modified monster attacking Manhattan, a raid on the Baxter Building and "a 'Saving Private Ryan'-style finale pitting our heroes against an army of Doombots in war-torn Latveria." If that weren't enough, a post-credits scene would have also teased Galactus and the Silver Surfer destroying a planet.

Of course, all of this was missing from the final film, but Slater said he understood why.

"Would you spend $300 million on a Fantastic Four film?” he asked. “Particularly after the previous two films left a fairly bad taste in audiences’ mouths? … It’s understandable that everyone involved would take steps to minimize their risk as much as possible. Unfortunately, those steps probably compromised the film to a fatal degree.”

In the end, audiences got the "Fantastic Four" film they saw, and while Trank and Miles Teller both said they're open to revisiting the franchise, it seems unlikely that we'll be seeing Slater's -- or anyone else's -- take on the title anytime soon.

21. Tim

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Raku likes this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I couldn't really care less about Gambit. I'd rather they make a movie about someone else.

24. Tim

I'm so glad he's leaving one nebulously defined comic book film that may or may not eventually happen at a studio with a poor track record with comic book films, for another nebulously defined comic book film that may or may not eventually happen at a studio with a poor track record with comic book films.

I'd much rather he do Gambit than JLD, though I'm probably alone in that. Maybe they'll get a good replacement and still start production in January.

Henry likes this.
  25. Tim