Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. After seeing how good Lana Condor is in To All The Boys on Netflix, I'm even more annoyed that Jubilee got nothing in the last movie.

joe.boy.fresh. and TEGCRocco like this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I actually like the uniforms.

33F13202-3070-4DB6-B835-AE7579A11AC1.jpeg

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I kinda love Quitely's X-Men outfits. Not sure it works for all of the characters in the film.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

“But I wanted it to feel more naturalistic, I wanted it to feel edgier, more handmade, more real. I was very inspired by what James Mangold did with Logan, and I felt like if I could bring a measure of that aesthetic in the film that all of the intergalactic and larger-scale things that happen in the movie would feel more shocking, more realistic, more emotional. They’d be grounded in some reality."

"And so, all of the movie – from the costumes, to the title card, to the set design, to the way the X-jet looks – all of that stuff is just more analog in a way. More like, let’s say, the original Star Warsmovie," the director pointed out. "Not thatanalog, but the movies I grew up loving had this very gritty, edgy, cool, human feeling to them.”

Exactly what I wanted to hear.

'Dark Phoenix' Will Be "More Realistic" Than Previous X-Men Movies

6. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Lol Gambit.

We will never see Gambit.

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

June 7? ugh

If Gambit is still happening then I am going to assume that Tatum is going to be the MCU Gambit. There is no reason to start a franchise with him now that the Disney/Fox deal is 99.9% complete unless Marvel and Disney have plans for him as well.

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

So fucking stupid. To release your first trailer and poster and begin the promotion cycle for a movie... just to push it back the next day? That's just so unbelievably stupid it's actually impressive

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:tear:

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Wait... they're putting out a PG-13 cut of Deadpool 2 in theaters around Christmas?

What?

11. The Deadpool thing was news to me as well. Not sure how they pulled that off lol. Seems like a lot of awkward ADR work would have to be done.

12. Davjs

Trusted

haha besides trying to get more money, maybe they are trying to show Disney "See? Deadpool can be PG-13! Please don't cancel our future movies!"

13. That's possible. Ryan Reynold's tweeted this, which recreates the Princess Bride scenario. Maybe it'll be Deadpool telling the story of the movie to Fred Savage, and then when something R-Rated happens in the movie they can conveniently cut to this and have Deadpool jokingly describe it to Fred Savage? lol

coleslawed, Davjs and Blimp City Hero like this.
    Davjs likes this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Originally saw pg-13 deadpool and was already on the fuck fox train, but this seems like it will be hilarious

coleslawed likes this.
  16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t think PG-13 Deadpool has anything to do with Marvel Studios. It’s Fox trying to get more money out of the character.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I remember thinking X-Force or Gambit had a small chance of making it far enough along before it was too late to actually happen. But, when 2018 ended without any new updates, I assumed that was it for them. Interesting that they say X-Force could still happen, but honestly, I feel like there's a better chance of Drew Goddard making a Sinister Six film.

Channing Tatum was so passionate about Gambit... I hope Marvel Studios at least meets with him to see if he could play Gambit for them.

We've all known Noah Hawley's Doom, Brian K. Vaughan's Silver Surfer, & Brian Michael Bendis' untitled X-Men project weren't gonna happen... But, I would've liked to see all of them. Sucks that Fox waited until it was too late to consider how best to utilize their comic book film rights.

Wish Dark Phoenix were coming out after New Mutants. Don't want New Mutants to be their last X-Men film, lol.

Nick and oakhurst like this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

justin. and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, it looks like X-Force would have to start filming in the next month to make it out alive. Liefeld has said its dead. Curious if it has life at Disney.

Davjs likes this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

X Force with the current Deadpool, Domino and Cable plus whoever else they add would have been really cool. Oh well, the film just seems to be a victim of the merger.